Suggestions Please! ~ Prison Book ~

Vilyariel

hey, maybe they could use cartomancy? that is similar to tarot, and i can't see how a pack of playing cards would offend anyone...heck, they use playing cards in prison all the time, don't they?

anyway, if you would prefer not to go down that path, i'm sorry, i'm outta suggestions!

punchinella

I always thought I would do well in prison (isolation) but the ban on tarot cards is scary. It doesn't quite make sense, since one would tend to imagine the ideal prison as a place for taking stock, for reevaluation of values & behaviours, etc. etc. . . . which is exactly the sort of thing tarot helps me to do. The people responsible for this ban are undermining their own efforts (unless, of course, such efforts are not aimed at rehabilitation.)

I suppose any prisoner serious about tarot could create a deck from scratch . . . if they knew tarot beforehand, that is (& until the cells were searched).

catti

what about a deck of Spanish Brisca cards?
they are used for divination and games and not very expensive?

ambermoon

What are the regulations concerning 'small press' books? Would it be possible to take a set of public domain tarot images, such as the Rider Waite, tastefully cover up the nudity to make it acceptable, make a small print run using a color laser printer, then bind it pamphlet-style?

Vilyariel

that sounds like a nice idea.

or if you know how many prisoners are interested, you could just do a few, maybe 10 or 20, and hand bind them. it wouldn't take that long, if you bound them with a simple 2 hole side-binding. if anyone is interested in the binding, i have the instructions. Just PM me.