The Way of the Tarot by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

Little Baron

Has anybody read this book?

I have had it knocking around for years but have never read it. On the back, it says that it helps you learn about the traditional symbols, about numbers and how they work. If it does this, then it may help with my understanding of numerolgy and the tarot combined.

Before I pump up the pillows and have a look, can anyone recommend it??? I thought it might be interesting. It is illustrated with the RW, which put me off a little (many books that follow the RWS look into the symbolism of that deck and its images, which would not really help me at the moment).

I made a (quick and hurried) purchase of Lady Lorelei's 'Tarot Planner' recently, just because it was very nicely illustrated with the cards of the 'Classic' and very similar to the 'Soprafino'. Looking at it a little later, the interpretations, which were slim to say the least, seemed to come straight from the Rider Waite images and were little help at all. It seemed as if the cards were used to illustrate but has little connection to the text.

Yabs

fyreflye

-delete-

darwinia

I love the cover of the book. I've had it for two years and when I think, "Oh here's one I don't look at much," I pick it up to browse and remember why I never read it.

It reads like complete gobbledygook.

Authors like this just get in the way.

Little Baron

I'll bung that one back on the shelf then. I must have tried to read it before, but cannot remember. There must be a reason why I never got through it.

Thanks for your help, both of you.

Yabs

HOLMES

i liked it,,

however i have trouble reading half of the book, it is either due to text print (some books with certain text prints turn me off like i can't read it ) or just didnt' interest me

what i did like however
1. how she compared the symbolism from about at least four decks for some cards in order to see how each varies yet stay true to each other.
i do believe that valerie sims tarot out of the box will be using that method as well.

2. the chapter on astrology and how there is no standard for assocations, as well as she hasnt' been able to come up with a system of assocating that is satisfactory for her.
(that disappointed me a while,, then only made me want to learn astrology in order to see if i can do it eheh )

3. the minor cards were given a yin and yang kind of energy ,,

i found the set up for the cards themselves to be much like the spiriitual tarot,, however the spiritual tarot is more interestesting to read for me due to text and layman terms.

heck i got it laying on the floor right now as i was ju looking at it a day ago , brb

actually looking at the descrpition for the nine of wands,, it is more psychology and the pictures , which is good.