Who are some of your favorite authors

aeonx

I love Rachel Pollack's book 78 Degrees of Wisdom, so I guess I'm fond of her too. *lol* Looking forward to reading Greer though.

~aeonx~

Maan

Ofcourse M K Greer and Rachel Pollack but recently the book i most use to look up some cards is "tarot your everyday guide"from Jenina Renee!!!
Its does not discribe the cards in fortune telling way but its uses advise as a starting point!
I recommend it!!!!

jmd

Diana said:
jmd: What language was Meditations on the Tarot originally written in?

French, in 1967 (I have been told, but not seen, that the French is illustrated with the Wirth deck, despite the fact that the author clearly indicates the Marseilles in his work).

Though the book was first published in German translation!

wavebreaker

I really like Joan Bunning. Not sure yet about Mary K. Greer (after two chapters of Tarot of Your Self I still can't decide whether I like it or not), haven't started reading 78 Degrees of Wisdom yet...

Too many tarot books, not enough time... ;)

Phoenix

UPDATE!!!

I just got a couple of new Tarot books: Tarot for a New Generation by Janina Renee, and The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals by Mary K. Greer. Both are great Books!! The book by Rebee is amazing insomuch that it gave me interpretations that I never in a million years would have considered. I plan on getting her Tarot: An Everyday Guide. 78 Degrees of Wisdom is still on my wich list, as well as a slew of others!

starfish66

Re: UPDATE!!!

Phoenix said:
I just got a couple of new Tarot books: Tarot for a New Generation by Janina Renee, and The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals by Mary K. Greer. Both are great Books!!!

I've got Tarot Reversals on it's way to me (via Amazon) and just picked up 78 Degrees of Wisdom earlier this week. I can't wait to get some reading done this weekend! Thanks, Darryn, for letting us know that Greer's book is good - I can't wait to get my copy.

:TQS Starfish

Phoenix

Your most certainly welcome.

Emily

My favourite tarot authors include:-

Mary K Greer
Annie Lionnet
Sally Morningstar
Rachel Pollack
Jane Lyle
Joan Bunning
:)

Phoenix

I also like Jane Lyle!!

Kellinator

Tarot Reversals is one of the best tarot books ever, IMNSHO. I'm really eager to read some more Janina Renee... maybe once my ship comes in? That's the problem with these threads... there's always something good being recommended! ;)