Who are some of your favorite authors

FantasyWorld

I really like Geraldine Amaral/Nancy Brady Cunningham of Tarot Celebrations and Cait Johnson of Tarot For Every Day. I also like the author of the Fey tarot, Ricardo Minetti.

Alanna

Life is a spiral. With each time around we are a little wiser than before.

WolfSpirit

Already mentioned: Pamela Eakins (Tarot of the Spirit-book), Janine Renee (Tarot Your Everyday Guide).

I would like to add:
Teresa Michelsen - Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads
she helped me so much to use tarot for my own specific questions instead of doing the same standard spreads all the time.

Gail Fairfield - I have both:
Everyday Tarot (card meanings based on numerology)
Choice-Centered Relating and the Tarot (she explains how she uses tarot in her practice as a psychologist).
Not a complete guide for beginners, but a refreshing look at the cards.

tarotlova

My favorite one at the moment is Tarot for The Green Witch by Ann Moura it is fantastic she has matched every card in pairs I have never seen a book before that has done this, so if you wanted to know what the 10 swords meant with say 5 wands she has put; Able defense of ideas proven in competitions/tests, fresh start after struggle. She say's you should read every card in pairs but also pay attention to the position in the spread, she also say's reading in this way (pairs) you could do away with spreads all together but that it is more visualy plesant for the querent to do a spread and yourself! I like all the other authors mentioned before too. Happy Reading!

WolfSpirit

I have one of the Green Witchcraft books by Ann Moura and she also has a chapter on tarot in it. She explains it all so well I think I may want to get the Tarot for a Green Witch as well :)
Think I also want to have Meditations on the Tarot...sounds like something very different and something I should at least try.

Etteilla

An addition to your reading list

At a suggestion from more experienced reader I picked up the 2005 Tarot Reader by LLewellyn. The articles are wide ranging, short, and thought provoking by authors such as Mary K. Greer, Mark McElroy, Elizabeth Hazel, Thalassa, and several others. Topics touch on all sorts of tips to enchance your overall tarot experience. I've found it very informative.