Which Edition of the Thoth Deck is This?

ZenMusic

I have one of these "Sangreal" decks,
I'm happy to have it as a collector, it's not attractive, but does have some "magick" about it.. especially the backs, the red is powerful

Teheuti

This wasn't the first edition of the deck. In 1944 they were produced in monochromatic brown, printed in a limited edition of 200, dated March 21, 1944, and not available to the general public. I met someone in London who had a set.

ZenMusic

>>1944 they were produced in monochromatic brown,
oh, i'll have to look and see if I have one of those, in the collection i bought..

Teheuti

Yes. The 1944 edition is the real collector's edition in that they were done for Crowley and Harris by Chiswick Press at the same time that they published the first edition of The Book of Thoth.

Rusty Neon

Debra said:
The seller e-mailed that he recounted and there are only 76.

I wonder which cards are missing. That can matter for bidding, especially if it's a major arcana card.

Lillie

Bloody hell!

It's a shame there is two missing, but amazing to see something I had only ever heard of.

ravenest

Wow! That's a lot (for me) especially with 2 missing. I wonder what my old deck is worth ... ( 'blessed' by a magician ;) )

chriske

Hi Rusty. I raised the bar to 300 bucks but got trumped at the death. The winner put in a massive last minute bid and E-bay defaulted back to a winning amount ($305). I thought it was worth it, even with just 76 cards. I doubt if we will ever see another one ...

Rusty Neon

Does anyone know which two cards are missing from the ebay deck?