Taurus vs. Capricorn

mingbop

I'm just concerned about this as I have just made a monumental error of judgement !! and almost lost my job because of it. Might still, in fact. And I can't see that I did anything wrong at all...so is that a typical cap then !? lol

WolfyJames

Julien said:
Well, I just had to weigh in... I know you were talking about Sun signs, but I'm an Aries with a moon in Taurus and my Rising in Scorpio. I can pretty much match any Capricorn sun sign for stubbornness, ambition, structure and love of things...

All fixed signs are stubborn and ambitious, fixed signs are taurus, aquarius, leo and scorpio. So your stubborness and ambition come from your scorpio rising sign. My brother is a scorpio, and I'm an aquarius and we were fignting all the time, two fixed signs together clash (my mother's taurus, another fixed sign). My brother is super stubborn and ambitious and he would pass over anyone's dead body anytime to get what he wants. Then, he would probably get drunk later, well hidden so no one sees him in such a vulnerable state, and cry over the people he hurt.

RufusJ

I'm a Taurus with Scorpio rising and Scorpio moon and I've always gotten along with Caps and Virgos. The ones I have most conflict with-- and are most attracted to as well-- are Scorpios. I guess that makes me sort of conflicted myself. Things are safer than people and home, with lots of trees and hills, is better than anywhere else. But ambition is something I missed out on.

rufusj

lunalafey

WolfyJames said:
All fixed signs are stubborn and ambitious, fixed signs are taurus, aquarius, leo and scorpio.

Many say that Capricorns are stubborn. I think that this was a point that the woman was trying to make about Capi's being Taurus wannabees.
An external view...the actions of these two earth signs look simular.
But the 'fuel' of the action comes from somewhere different.
A Taurus is stubbon. A Capricorn procrastinates. Big difference

amyel

lunalafey said:
...A Taurus is stubbon. A Capricorn procrastinates. Big difference
...oh, I don't know if I agree with that, Luna :) I'm a Cappy, my mom and a very good friend are both Taurus'...and I would not say any Cappy's I know procrastinate.

We are known to "weigh our options carefully" before making any final decisions because we are afraid of making the wrong decsion. This *can* be seen as procrastination. But once we've made that decision....we are very stubborn about it.

Tauri & Cappies both like "things", but I see Tauri as a little more "earthy" then Capricorns, whom I see as more ambitious and conscious of social standards and status. Sad, yes, but true. My Aquarian moon hates that part of my Cappy Sun, but here you have it. :) Yes, it does matter to Caapies what the neighbors think. Just ask my husband (an Aquarian sun sign, BTW).

I once read that the final sign of each of the four elements - so, Capricorn in the Earth signs - are the most "evolved" for that element. I cannot remember where I read this or in what context, so feel free to completely discount it if you wish. After all, it is a Cappy who is claiming it. :D

Silverlotus

lunalafey said:
The Capi is practical with what they 'collect'- tools and such things that can be used, and the Taurus just wants it because it's pretty.

I am the poster child for Taurians. You have likely never met anyone more stubborn then me. And I have to totally agree with your assessment that Taurians choose their possessions mostly because they are beautiful, well made, or just plain nice. Very little of what I buy is because I need it. I mean, I have lots of books/cross stitch patterns/you name it, and as soon as I see another pretty one I must have it.

Okay, I am exaggerating just a little bit, but you get the idea. However, even if I am buying something practical, it still must be attractive.

isthmus nekoi

lol, well I'm a Cap as well, and that's one thing I never do (procrastinate). Due dates always seem to motivate me to finish a project earlier. I do like to plan ahead though. I can't stand being asked out for plans on the same day, even if I'm free. It's like, I've set my mentality on "staying in" for the evening and I can't change it lol. Oh and w/my Aquarian ASC, I never give a damn what other ppl think. Class snobbery makes me quite angry actually (Mars in Aquarius) and status objects (I'm all for good quality/craftsmanship, but being a label whore?) irritate me.

I don't think any sign is more "evolved" than another, but yes, you can see a progression through the zodiac if you wish, from being born with Aries to dying with Pisces.

cricket

ncefafn said:
Hmm. I think this is a quality that can apply across the boards to all cardinal signs. The trouble with having a "single-pointed mind" is that you can only see that one point. ;)

Kim
You mean there are other points? WHAT? :confused: ;)

the little cappy bug

lunalafey

Most Caps I know, myself included, p-r-o-c-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-e....
But when it's time to get busy, they don't stop till it's done.
Non-Procrastinating Cappy? How do ya' do it? I wonder what the astrological influence causes this seperation?

Deadlines I understand and work with no problem, it's the open-ended 'duties' that get put on the back burner. And ask me to do something the same day, even when I have no real plans......I'm with ya' on that one.

We are known to "weigh our options carefully" before making any final decisions because we are afraid of making the wrong decsion. This *can* be seen as procrastination. But once we've made that decision....we are very stubborn about it.

I agree with you here, amyel.
I guess it comes down to a matter of words and terms. The root of the signs actions and the purpose. Both Taurus and Caps can be seen as stubborn, procrastinators, (what was Sacrlet O'hara's sign?) materialistic, etc.
but again, why? that is what seperates them.

Funny that the other Earth sign, Virgo has not been mentioned. I know many of those too. And I guess now I can see 'where' the woman was coming from. Taurus and Caps are more alike than either of them are to a Virgo (IMO-form observation) anyone else see that?

ncefafn

Scarlett O'Hara was definitely an Aries.

And a b*tch. :)

Kim the Libra