World spirit tarot...what do u think?

Satori

Sulis said:
[BPersonally I find the Star more offensive than the Sun - I think that's definately the worst card in the deck in my opinion - not too keen on the 3 of Swords either - mainly because I just don't understand it - I think the heart pierced by 3 swords is better.

Even though there are some cards in this deck I just don't like it's still one of my all time faves, the cards which are good are very, very good :D [/B]

Hi Sulis,
I like the Star!
The card I have a little trouble with is the Devil! What is with the spread-eagle on the woman???? Was that necessary? I was doing readings for my girlfriend's 2 boys last night with World Spirit. One boy is going into Jr. High the other is going into Sr. High and up pops that Devil card. Yikes!

But I agree about the 3 of swords. That is hard to understand isn't it?

Funny thing, my friend was offended by the mulitcultural look of the deck. She is an artist and did a lot of linoleum block work for t-shirts and I thought she would love the deck. Nope. She thought it was a little to dark for her tastes. And I bought the deck because I think many of the decks today are just way too white....can't win I geuss.

Seed Crystal

Well I had to pull out the Star to see what you all meant and I confess I still don't see it..

Ok, a naked woman apparently not a natural blond, in a position which reminds me of the Hanged Man except upright, with uplifted balanced hands pouring vases into flowing waters and onto some rocks or reef. A phoenix with an olive twig and stars dance in the sky she floats in. The vases/bottles have different symbols for journey on them; a wave-y pair of lines on the left, a spiral on the right. 14 main points to the big star on the left; 18 in the corona around her head; various numbers of points in other stars in that sky. And I see a subtle double helix in this card.

It always bothered me how the R-W-S Star was out of touch with the water she poured and stood on, and how the water ran off the earth like it couldn't sink in... also how the Star apparently was a noontime arrival, and she poured down, and seemed barely able to reach the earth. This WS card has cat-tails, maybe even barnacles, and a lot of moisture in the sky, which is slightly darker, as if to suggest evening or luminous night. Without superiority or striving, the WS Star feels really unified and serene.

I also thought of the Buddha when I saw the Sun; I thought he looked too western until I read he was one of the creator's baby...

Satori

Okay sisters (and brothers, if you are reading).
What started out as a love affair is going sour.
I loved this deck.
But I haven't been reaching for it.
I admit I've been in acquisition mode and now have too many decks and too little time....
What to do????

Seed Crystal

What particularly is souring you? Or are you just distracted or over-extended, with so many other decks about ? :)

Thordia

I quite like this deck, but I have to say that it is never the first one I reach for and I have barely used it since I got it... not entirely sure why because besides a couple of the cards I rather like the artwork :(

WolfSpirit

elf said:
I admit I've been in acquisition mode and now have too many decks and too little time....
What to do????

Well as this is NOT the de-enabling thread ;) I will advise you to take one of your new decks you really want to explore right now and concentrate on that one.
Just put the other decks aside for a while and don't feel guilty about that, their turn will come - they will be "as new" to you, and you don't have to fork out the money anymore.

If you take on too much at once, none of them are fun anymore.

Calliope

Sale!

hehe I've been wanting this deck for a long while now and the deal is too good to pass up. For those who want the deck, and at a bargain too, Llewellyn has cut the price on the World Spirit tarot from $24.95 to $12.47. Even with shipping ($3 for those in the US, Mexico, and Canada I believe) it's a steal.

I just placed my order and I am so happy! Yay! I can't wait!

Just wanted to let everyone know. :) Now I'm off to debate whether to buy the Ananda or not.

Edited to add: Just went through the thread again and read that elf posted the same information back in July. I guess my post is just to let others know that it's still 50% off. :D

Satori

Hello again,
Yes, I will pull her out in a while and try again...
It isn't fair, that we love the Tarot in her many guises, and can't find time to explore our little pretties....hehehe.

I have a few things with the deck I love and a few I don't...

The study threads were fun and i want to keep going, but I have a couple of decks that I want to go deeper with and so it seems that its about making a decision.

I have to pick a deck and go with it.

I like so many others am still waiting to find my deck, the one I just love, can't live with out and return to over and over again...she may not exist yet...

cundi

Since Llewellyn is offering discount, I've just ordered my World Spirit Tarot with other discount deck: Pythagorean Tarot and Shining Tribe Tarot. Looking forward to receiving the decks....

SongDeva

My world spirit just came yesterday. I was surprised at how loud some of the imiages speak to me. So far I'm not having any of the negative reactions you all have had.
The Star? Evil? Where? How? She strikes me as another kind of being, one that is a little foreign at first.
Etc.
That I suppose is the magic of having all these different people with their own perspectives inhabiting the Earth.

Anyway, I like it a lot, and I love the back!
Nice, cute, compact little deck. I got on of the half-off ones at Llewellyn, but FYI eBay has one currently at 4.99, ending in 21 hours.

Sd