Adflatus

hedgecub

*drools* The colours are absolutely gorgeous, it rivals the Robin Wood Ace of Cups imo! Damn, another deck on my wishlist...

*waits patiently for it to come out*

SongDeva

It is lovely.
Some of the images look like the Templar done in stained glass.
I like the moon too.
The Moon reminds me of the MerryDay tarot.

Centaur

Yes... I agree. It is a lovely deck!

However, I have some reservations re. the name. 'Adflatus' sounds like it might be better suited to being a brand name for flatulence medication.

Sorry!

Le_Corsair

Centaur said:
Yes... I agree. It is a lovely deck!

However, I have some reservations re. the name. 'Adflatus' sounds like it might be better suited to being a brand name for flatulence medication.

Sorry!

Yep. Nice deck, horrid name. :)

Bob :THERM

zachlost

Latin is a Dead Language

*lol*

You guys crack me up :)

I never imagined the name of a deck being a point of contention :D

Le_Corsair

Re: Latin is a Dead Language

zachlost said:
*lol*

You guys crack me up :)

I never imagined the name of a deck being a point of contention :D

Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot, Zachlost. :)

When you look around some more you'll realize that with a tarot deck, anything and everything is a point of contention. :)

Edited to add: So it's your deck? Very impressive. Be sure to stop by the Tarot Deck Creation forum!

Bob :THERM

Niomi

Hehe, yes, the name reminded me of something that had been squashed-- I imagined some peas or other mushy food getting squished underfoot. XD

I've been looking at some of his other artwork, too, and it's very neat. He's a very talented artist! *drool* (I'm going to be able to do that, one of these days...)

Strange2

Zachlost:

First, welcome to Aeclectic and thanks for making us aware of your fantastic deck. As others have noted, your unique way of depicting the reversed images on the bottom half of each card is very effective and creative. Speaking as someone who normally doesn't "do" reversals, with the Adflatus deck I would definitely use this aspect in readings.

I see you have prints of many of your cards available through deviantART. If you are considering publishing the entire deck, I'm sure you will find many interested customers (including myself) here on Aeclectic.

Great creative work!

hedgecub

Originally posted by Strange2
As others have noted, your unique way of depicting the reversed images on the bottom half of each card is very effective and creative. Speaking as someone who normally doesn't "do" reversals, with the Adflatus deck I would definitely use this aspect in readings.

Same here! I don't think I've ever seen a deck before that actually makes two images so that the reversal becomes just as important and easy to read as the upright. When this deck comes out, I'm going to get it and use it to help me learn reversals as I've been avoiding them for quite some time now. *is too lazy to learn more than 78 meanings* *grin*

Originally posted by Strange2
If you are considering publishing the entire deck, I'm sure you will find many interested customers (including myself) here on Aeclectic.

Strange2, I believe Llewellyn have agreed to publish the deck about this time next year :) It's a long time to wait :( *sniffle* But when it does come out, zachlost rest assured I will be one of your first customers!

zachlost

Thanks for your support

Thanks for your kind words peeps :)

1) yeah another 78 meanings can be daunting, but what is yin without yang?

2) they should be released in May 2005, unless the publisher decides otherwise.

3) I was really hoping to remain anonymous for a while actually - no sense ranting and raving about a deck which isn't out there to get your hands on

5) on contrary to popular belief, the publishing is really a bonus. I have my own deck at home which I assembled painstakingly. that's enough for me :)

7) if you like prints, buy em :p