Which version of the Marseille deck is this?

Little Baron

Personally, I like the Marseille decks without the new colouring but I do think that the Fournier is a great one to start the tradition with, if you are attracted to it. Having the suits in different colours helps to weave the suits through a reading - you can instantly see if there is a dominant energy of cups washing through, and in the same way, courts and majors stand out when a pack is not 'illustrated'. The Fournier eases you into the Marseille tradition gently, I feel, and once you get over the worrying that the decks are complicated, you can always move onto another - such as the Grimaud or the Hadar, which are two of my favourites.

I always found Marseille decks 'crude' when I first began to learn the tarot but as time has gone on, I no longer see them that way. The Grimaud courts are one of my all time favourite groups and I still find them a little easier to interpret than the ones in the RWS. There are some great threads here started by Jmd (How may they be read) if you decide to buy a Marseille variant. It would be good to see them bumped up again is there is some great interpretations within them.

Best,
LB