Animal Wise Tarot

Leleii

I recently purchased Animal Wise Tarot/Book Set from Amazon.
When I opened the sealed cards, I noticed that they were out of order.
As I am putting them in order, I noticed that there was a lot of doubles and triples of the same cards. I was missing twenty cards from the deck.
I don't understand it. It is a brand new deck, sealed and I have missing cards. I don't know what to do. I love the deck and the book that goes with the deck.
I had my eye on this deck for a long time. I am afraid if I return the deck and
order a new set, the same thing will happen. I own alot of decks, used and
new and I never had this happen to me. I was wondering if this happen
to any one else and what did they do about it. I hope I have this thread in the right place, if not, I am sorry.
Thanks for listening to me complain about this. I feel a little better now.

Flidais

I can sure understand your disappointment, Leleii! I think it's highly unlikely that it would happen to you again. I would contact the place where you bought them and ask for a replacement deck.

Mimers

Call the publisher. They will replace the cards you are missing. Offer to return the doubles or the whole deck if they want it.

This happened to me once and Llewellyn immediately sent me the card I was missing.

here is the link for Dragonhawk publishing. They should have contact info listed here.

http://www.dragonhawkpublishing.com/

Mimi

Leleii

Thank you Mimers and Flidais for your quick reply and feedback.
I emailed Dragonhawk Publishers and Amazon, so I am awaiting their
reply.

WolfSpirit

Twenty cards missing ! That is a serious mix-up, something must have gone horribly wrong in the printing & packaging process.

I have the Animal Wise and my deck was perfect when it arrived. You should be able to get a good copy from the publisher :)
Hope you soon get a good copy ~ I love this deck !

lunakasha

Leleii~

I understand your disappointment....

Same thing happened to me recently....I ordered the Sharman-Caselli set and had three extra cards and three cards missing. :(

Since I had already opened the cards (AND cut the box away from the back cover--poor design) I didn't think amazon would give me a refund or replacement deck. And like you, I was afraid of getting another "freak deck" so....I emailed the publisher several times (St. Martin's Press) and got no response. I am now planning to write them and send the extra cards to "prove" my case....but I was (and still am) very disappointed to not be able to use this deck.

Good luck with getting your complete deck....I have the Animal-Wise and it is wonderful.

:) Luna

lunes

Missing - Polar Bear?

Hi Leleii, I understand your frustration. My very first deck from Amazon went missing - I thought this was a sign not to get involved with tarot at all. I very much believe in first impressions but had to persuade myself that I was exceptionally unlucky and someone had clearly taken the item out of my order.

I notified Amazon straight away and within a week they sent me a new deck - no questions asked no proof required of my package being ripped on arrival. Furthermore I had ordered from UK amazon to France so I was pleased with the outcome.

On a different note - perhaps someone could help - during a meditation session this afternoon I had a vision of a polar bear accompanying me on my journey - could anyone tell me the significance of this? I'm not sure where to look for guidance and thought there may be a picture of a polar bear on one of the animal wise cards.

Many thanks
Lunes

Flidais

lunes said:
On a different note - perhaps someone could help - during a meditation session this afternoon I had a vision of a polar bear accompanying me on my journey - could anyone tell me the significance of this? I'm not sure where to look for guidance and thought there may be a picture of a polar bear on one of the animal wise cards. Many thanks. Lunes
Ted Andrews does not use the Polar Bear in his Animal-Wise deck. However, my Wolf Song deck (by Jeanette Spencer and Lew Hartman) does. Keywords they assign are "Aggression, Not Seeing Options." The card is said to indicate that you may be too enmeshed in the past, so impressed with the way things are done, you cannot accept repatterning. Polar Bears are apparently not adaptable creatures and have been known to starve to death rather than learn new techniques for survival.

Aggression or anger needs to be faced (either yours or someone else's) and can be replaced by enthusiasm. There is a sense that something or someone is out of control. If it is you, you need to address the issue. If it is someone else, you need to get out of harm's way and avoid being a victim.

Perhaps this helps? Or not?

December Fairy

I would return it and get another. This happened to me once with Barnes and Noble. It was missing several cards. I returned the deck, the replacement was perfect.

GoldenWolf

I have been really lucky and have only gotten a couple of defective decks in the many years I have been collecting Tarot. One I got at a retail store. When the deck had been printed, they must boxed it when the ink was still damp and cards were stuck together, ink missing in places, etc. Although most retail stores will not accept a returned deck that has been opened, the store owner recognized that the deck was defective, let me open another deck there which had the same problem, and then refunded my money. I'm sure Amazon and other vendors would do the same although it's best to verify their return policies before buying.

I also check my cards immediately after I buy them. If it was in a retail store, I often do it before I leave the parking lot. If it's a second hand store, I do it in the store before I buy them. Once I failed to do this and then couldn't find the receipt of remember where I bought them. The publisher, Inner Traditions, replaced the missing card at no charge. So that's the second line of recourse.

I bought this deck recently myself and all cards were present and in good shape so I really think this must have been a fluke. Good luck in replacing the missing cards. It's a great deck if you have an affinity with animals.