Taffy was a Welshman
Taffy was a thief;
Taffy came to my house
And stole a leg of beef.
I went to Taffy's house;
Taffy was in bed.
I took a carving knife,
And cut off Taffy's head.

Taffy is merely short for Taphthatharath, the Spirit of Mercury and the God of Welshmen or thieves. "My house" is of course equivalent to "my magick circle." Note that Beth, the letter of Mercury and "The Magus," means "a house."

The beef is a symbol of the Bull, Apis the Redeemer. This is therefore that which is written, "Oh my God, disguise thy glory! Come as a thief, and let us steal away the sacraments!"

In the following verse we find that Taffy is "in bed," owing to the operation of the sacrament. The great task of the Alchemist has been accomplished; the mercury is fixed.

One can then take the Holy Dagger, and separate the Caput Mortuum from the Elixir. Some Alchemists believe that the beef represents that dense physical substance which is imbibed by Mercury for his fixation; but here as always we should prefer the more spiritual interpretation.

- Liber Abba.

Abrac

156 is the number of squares in each of the Enochian elemental tablets. 13 down, 12 across.

777 is a little more complicated. There was a very detailed article about it on Donald Tyson's old site. I don't think it works anymore but I was able to access it through Wayback Machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110905193023/http://donaldtyson.com/answer10.html

Here's another site I found helpful regarding the relationship between 156 and 7.

http://www.neworder.20m.com/204.html

On Crowley's AA sigil there are 7 7s in the inner area. It represents a formula which, when calculated correctly, totals 156. The solution is to add 77 + 77 (the horizontal axis) + 2 (the quotient of dividing 7 + 7 by 7, i.e. the vertical axis). 77 + 77 + 2 = 156.

156 and 777 mirror one another (12/21) and both reduce to 3.

1 + 5 + 6 = 12
1 + 2 = 3

7 + 7+ 7 = 21
2 + 1 = 3

156 = 12 x 13
1 + 2 = 3
1 + 3 + 4
3 + 4 = 7

MasterJm

156 is the number of squares in each of the Enochian elemental tablets. 13 down, 12 across.

777 is a little more complicated. There was a very detailed article about it on Donald Tyson's old site. I don't think it works anymore but I was able to access it through Wayback Machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110905193023/http://donaldtyson.com/answer10.html

Here's another site I found helpful regarding the relationship between 156 and 7.

http://www.neworder.20m.com/204.html

On Crowley's AA sigil there are 7 7s in the inner area. It represents a formula which, when calculated correctly, totals 156. The solution is to add 77 + 77 (the horizontal axis) + 2 (the quotient of dividing 7 + 7 by 7, i.e. the vertical axis). 77 + 77 + 2 = 156.

156 and 777 mirror one another (12/21) and both reduce to 3.

1 + 5 + 6 = 12
1 + 2 = 3

7 + 7+ 7 = 21
2 + 1 = 3

156 = 12 x 13
1 + 2 = 3
1 + 3 + 4
3 + 4 = 7

Αt last answered me someone directly and distinctly. Thank you very much, i appreciate that i have not to be a initiated member of A.A to get a so simple answer.

Aeon418

Tyson missed out an important point.
Aleister Crowley said:
777. Useful in a similar way, as affirming that the Unity is the Qliphoth. But a dangerous tool, especially as it represents the flaming sword that drove Man out of Eden. A burnt child dreads the fire. "The devils also believe, and tremble." Worse than useless unless you have it by the hilt. Also 777 is the grand scale of 7, and this is useless to anyone who has not yet awakened the Kundalini, the female magical soul. Note 7 as the meeting-place of 3, the Mother, and 10, the Daughter; whence Netzach is the Woman, married but no more.

777 = The Flaming Sword.

777 = OVLM HQLIPhVTh, The World of the Shells.

ravenest

Perhaps the answers you got related to the question you asked ????

Some theosophists are teaching that 156 is the number of transubstantiation and that 777 is the number of a Heavenly Man (planetary Logos) and has to do also with a circle of reincarnations. Thinking that 156 is Babalon's number too,

especially this bit.

can anyone write more on that topic ? Whence originate these numbers ? 156 and 777.

Some people that ask questions here thank others for their time and effort in answering their (often obscure and confusing) questions.

A simpler and defined question ( without the undefined 'can anyone write more on that topic') and leaving out the confusion between numbers and whether you meant transubstantiate or transmute could have been answered; 156, 777, - 3 - Binah - Babalon.

Yeah ... its obvious that you never got a straight answer because you are not in the A.A. and the other posters are :rolleyes:

gregory

Perhaps the answers you got related to the question you asked ????
Yes, rather this. Many tried to answer the question as posed, and it was never fully clarified, just "that was a typo". As with people who ask for readings and put up a question which doesn't deliver the information they needed, because it was so misphrased.

MasterJm

Yes, rather this. Many tried to answer the question as posed, and it was never fully clarified, just "that was a typo". As with people who ask for readings and put up a question which doesn't deliver the information they needed, because it was so misphrased.

Some times it doesnt help me the language. I was living many years in Germany. I am a good faith man, but some times i like to play and laugh, i like the jokes, that was one of the reason that i liked so much Aleister, Osho and that kind of Masters who had humor. I am serious though and open to learn. By the way i downloaded Duquettes book and it didnt impress me. I will need more days to learn that, but already i came to a conclusion. I think Milos book it's a rewriting of Aleister Crowleys Thoths book. He makes simpler some things, but he doesnt reveal something special for the degrees. In a way i felt that also as a advertisment of the order, especially in the point which refers to that secret of sexual magic in that certain degree it's like to say us "guys, join us to learn that, we will not tell you". We are living in 21th century, there is no reason for such secrecy. Aleister Crowley was the first who revealed some "secrets". In other masonic systems, there have been published all the rituals in details. I liked very much some things in Duquettes book though, like the allegory of sleeping Princess soul who is waiting the kiss of HGA. Elifas Levi has writen also about that in other words in Dogmas and Ritual of High MagikKKKKKK. He refers there to the Malkuth Princesses as the lowest level of human consciousness. By the way, since we are analyzing Babalons subject, the great occultist and kabbalist Elifas Levi writes in that book that i have read that Babalon is the symbol of evil. He writes "The seven head beast represents in the St.John symbolism the material, competitive denial of bright Seven whereas the Whore of Babylon represents the same as to the denial of the Woman with 12 stars wearing the Sun. So i see learning too much all these years that the truth is very relative.

Zephyros

Okay, I'll bite. })

Some times it doesnt help me the language. I was living many years in Germany. I am a good faith man, but some times i like to play and laugh, i like the jokes, that was one of the reason that i liked so much Aleister, Osho and that kind of Masters who had humor. I am serious though and open to learn.

There is a vast difference between Crowley and Osho. I won't go into how vast, since I am not familiar enough with Osho, but I am surprised you lump them together like that, humor notwithstanding.

By the way i downloaded Duquettes book and it didnt impress me. I will need more days to learn that, but already i came to a conclusion. I think Milos book it's a rewriting of Aleister Crowleys Thoths book. He makes simpler some things, but he doesnt reveal something special for the degrees. In a way i felt that also as a advertisment of the order, especially in the point which refers to that secret of sexual magic in that certain degree it's like to say us "guys, join us to learn that, we will not tell you". We are living in 21th century, there is no reason for such secrecy.

Let's ignore the illegal download for a moment and go on to the next part. I recommended that book to you because language barrier or not, it was clear to me that you were missing some vital pieces of the Thoth puzzle, and I thought that book would fill you in. I don't know why it didn't impress you, as I thought it wouid at least order your thoughts and ideas. Your questions betray a lack of such order, and as such it is difficult to answer them, seeing as you lack the syntax with which to understand the answers. Ignorance is a fault only if it goes unremedied, and if you ask very basic Thelemic questions, I doubt anyone will write long essays about Thelema just to answer you. Whether you were impressed or not, you need to do some homework.

Secondly, DuQuette admits freely to trying not to insert too much of himself into the book, instead attempting to present relevant material in an easier, more approachable way. Again, you need this, and I'm not being condescending without reason. You need this.

As to the third point, some things cannot be taught, but must be experienced. I myself was sorely, and in retrospect quite deservedly, rebuked by a member here for not understanding this. I am not a member or any order, but after understanding what I was told, I went out into the world and played with it, and the revelations were quite astounding. My understanding is far from perfect, but DuQuette is under no obligation to reveal everything he knows in order to satisfy mere intellectual curiosity. If you wish to practice magick, there are ample sources to help you with that, but DuQuette didn't write a magick book, he wrote a Tarot book, and an introductory one at that. He never sought to replace the Book of Thoth, which, to be honest, it is quite evident you don't really understand. You pick small snippets and ask about them, without knowing the bigger picture. That is why your questions either go unanswered or answered clumsily.

Aleister Crowley was the first who revealed some "secrets". In other masonic systems, there have been published all the rituals in details.

Same goes for these rituals and initiations. But without preparatory study, they won't help you much. What would you do with them? Invoke Babalon, the woman of your dreams?

By the way, since we are analyzing Babalons subject, the great occultist and kabbalist Elifas Levi writes in that book that i have read that Babalon is the symbol of evil. He writes "The seven head beast represents in the St.John symbolism the material, competitive denial of bright Seven whereas the Whore of Babylon represents the same as to the denial of the Woman with 12 stars wearing the Sun. So i see learning too much all these years that the truth is very relative.

And this is the example of your lack of knowledge. Levi's Babalon and Crowley's aren't the same, and convey perhaps the same ideas, but differently. The truth really is relative, but you need some more work.

ravenest

In any case .... aside from the

http://vincentvenacava.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/frank.jpg

(joke)

I still feel to respond to this for future reference and readers ( hello you people of the future that have discovered our words of wisdom :) )

Certain things 'stand out'

The magical mixing of masters

that was one of the reason that i liked so much Aleister, Osho and that kind of Masters who had humor.

The case of the rushed / instant conclusion ( 'intuition' ? )
By the way i downloaded Duquettes book and it didnt impress me. I will need more days to learn that, but already i came to a conclusion.

Clarifying a potentially 'obscure' text is not supposed to be 'original writings'.
I think Milos book it's a rewriting of Aleister Crowleys Thoths book. He makes simpler some things,

This;

but he doesnt reveal something special for the degrees. In a way i felt that also as a advertisment of the order, especially in the point which refers to that secret of sexual magic in that certain degree it's like to say us "guys, join us to learn that, we will not tell you". We are living in 21th century, there is no reason for such secrecy. Aleister Crowley was the first who revealed some "secrets". In other masonic systems, there have been published all the rituals in details.

These things are attempted to be kept secret from certain types of people because of how they will twist , distort, attack, and .... whatever weirdness they come up with. All complex things require training, and technique and familiarity with the system and tools in use ... in this case psychology and deep conditions can play a part ... 'higher' teachings should be preceded by balance and firm foundation ... one wouldnt send a first year apprentice electrician to wire a house .... more so something potentially loaded as sexuality / tantra .

As written above - the secrets and rites are published anyway ... but that's a spoiler if you were considering undertaking them. In regard to the 'secrets' mentioned above - the book wouldnt help anyway ... the 9th degree (where these secrets are supposedly residing) is 'awarded' to those that can work out the secret themselves from the previous teachings, degrees, experiments and conclusions ... their is no 'instruction' as are there are in other degrees.

You want the secret of sex magic ? Just ask ... it can be revealed in a few short plain sentences that anyone with a minimum of English could understand. }) (if you cant understand English and speak German better ... maybe ask the german OTO such questions -they are quiet big on it there- instead of via an English language tarot forum. :rolleyes: )

Grigori

Moderating Note

Hi all

I've removed a number of posts from the thread. Please be mindful to keep the discussion on the topic of the thread, and not the other contributors.

Many thanks!
Grigori