Downloadable Tarot Journal?!?!

Emily

Hi WolfyJames,

I noticed too that TreeDBnotes didn't save and I manually saved everything I did - then you recommended the repair and compact features and now it does everything automatically. :)

So Daneo52, up in this post somewhere WolfyJames tells you how to compact and repair the database - do this, very quick and easy and you'll never have to worry about saving your work again. :)

Edited to add:-
When I manually saved it was:-
File
Database Tools
Make backup

Hope this helps :)

daneo52

re

Thank you for the tips. I will try that. Edited as I figure things out. Also, my computer did not crash. I read the FAQ's to this program, and it seems this happens to alot of people, but no solutions.

I tried to download KeyNotes to try it as well, but never got an icon on my desktop to start the program like I normally do. Will have the hubbie look at it when he gets home.

Kissa

he he he! thanks daneo now the link works! this screen they show looks pretty scary if you want my opinion.

i KNEW i had seen somewhere the kind of userfriendly nice looking software i think i would like to use, now i found it. it is on tarot garden, designed by jeannette herself. if you go to "boutique" then "other/gifts" on the second page, it is called "tarot organizer" and looks really great.

i don't want something complicated and i only want to save some readings witch pictures on the same page so this one looks perfect to me.

now just have to pray for my hubby not to get angry if i buy this one ;) mastercard is going quite poorly at the moment, the poor card is all pale, looks sick and all ... lol

kissa

daneo52

re

;-) I know just what you mean. My credit card is feeling pretty anemic after all my Amazon spending of late, I can actually here it whimper when I pull it out.

I played around with TreeDB all nite, and am getting used to it. I close the program every so often, and that seems to secure the saving. It is already getting pretty big, I am finding it useful for so many different topics, and hope it can hold alot. It seems like it can. I love it now, and it is free!

Do these freewares cause viruses or bugs on the computer? That was my husbands concern when I mentionned it.

WolfyJames

daneo52 said:
I played around with TreeDB all nite, and am getting used to it. I close the program every so often, and that seems to secure the saving. It is already getting pretty big, I am finding it useful for so many different topics, and hope it can hold alot. It seems like it can. I love it now, and it is free!

I want to mention that the TreeDBNotes files can sometimes become terrifyingly big and heavy and you have to do something often to ensure it doesn't happen. You have to go to Files in the menu at the top and go in Database Tools, click on Repair Database, once it's over, go back there and this time click Compact Database. Your database will lose a lot of weight. Do this often.

inanna_tarot

Deary me, I nearly missed this thread!
I downloaded TreeDB yesterday and already I am storing up my deck studies and random tables etc. Its a programme and I'm still shocked its free!
Had one accident yesterday when we had a blimp of a power failure and I lost a little bit of work, but its all good since then. But its a great place to organise my deck studies, its totally not like me lol
Thanks again for keeping this thread updated :)

Blessings,
Sezo
x

mythos

Downloaded the TDiary .... I love it .... Thanks for posting the link to it ... whoever did that. Great idea.
mythos

Kahlie

I guess I'm too difficult :S

I guess what I want is too difficult, or it's possible but I don't know how to do it.

I want to create a folder called Readings, and in it make subfolders by name of Querents filled with their Readings.

I can't seem to find out how to do this in TDairy, it only offers multiple notes, so I still would have a hard time finding the appropriate Reading. The Search function seems to work well though, but I don't like the layout of the program and the non-usage of hotkeys.

In TreeDBNotes I tried the same. Again I seem to be unable to create subfolders. And here the search function only works INSIDE of a note. So creating multiple notes would again take me a while to search for the reading.

I'm trying to organize, but it doesn't seem to be easy like this.

Anybody know how to do this in any of these two programs, OR another program that might help?

Thanks!

Kahlie

SherryZoned

I have tried Lifejournal. Really like it so far!

I am a bit lost on a couple things but hope to figure them out. Debating on buying it or not.

Kahlie have you tried lifejournal yet? A couple other people posted about it and it is quite good.