Lenormand: What Difficulties Do YOU experience?

"Lenormand: What Difficulties Do YOU Most Experience As A Learner".

• Understanding one system or any for that matter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Certain cards when in a combo or spread. E.g. Sun/Cross.

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • How to answer a question whether specific or general.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I find it tricky reading them in pairs, threes, or more than 5.

• I cannot get my head around certain cards. E.g. Coffin.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I find it hard to read when a card like Tree/Heart/Fish turns up for a question like Job.

• I do not know when I am the "Man"/"Woman"...or not.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I do not understand the basics.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find it confusing as one source says this and another that.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other: State Reasons In Comments.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barleywine

Fox as work is one which has come to mean for me specifically work requiring resourcefulness/cleverness such as freelance or self-employment.

Although I use the Moon as the work card, with the Anchor as long-range career, I'm comfortable with the above. I've been thinking of the Fox's resourcefulness/cleverness as the skills and talents necessary to do a job, rather than the job itself. But it's in the same ballpark.

DownUnderNZer

Just seen today LILY kind of used as a work card in the "Gypsy Lenormand". None of the other cards came up in it as "work" like fox or moon etc.

Wonder what other systems use it for work?

This is due to close in a matter of days and I must say the results to date are quite interesting as well as productive/educational.

Thanks to all of those that participated!

DND :)

BeyondtheVeil

What a great question and poll that you did DND! :thumbsup:

I see that people have voted for what I am having some issues with. I still don't understand how to 'read" the cards. Like if there is a five card reading.. The Key/The Mice/The Crossroads/The Dog/The Lady. I know you read them left to right, correct? The Crossroads would be the main thing?

So The Key/The Mice go together. Then do you read the mice/the crossroads together? Or go ahead to the Crossroads and the Dog? Yep.. totally confused! lol

I was using the Under the Roses Lenormand Deck. It is quite beautiful, but I just don't understand it. I also mixed every single card together so that the two men and the two women were both in the deck. I thought that would give a better reading, but it says in the book I shouldn't have done that lol

So I guess right now it is trying to figure out combinations and how to read more than one card. I am brand new to ever trying to read a lenormand deck, so I guess it is expected to be completely lost. It doesn't help that everyone has their own meanings for the cards on blogs/etc when searching for help. lol

It furthers the frustration and confusing when the "book meaning" makes absolutely no sense with the question or subject asked. What do I do then?

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

DownUnderNZer

What you need to grasp is the basic meaning of each card first really then start pairing and so forth. Poems or Verses give a miss.

I learnt the GT first with no introduction to the cards individually or as combos. And English was not those that taught me, well, not their first language. And I was learning two systems at the same time between warring teachers. But I did not know it. Sink or swim. I survived.

Took me 3 months to get the gist of the GT and in a downpacked way, but not how to read in a free flowing way. That came later and through trial end error.

Each person is different, but if I was to do it all over again I would choose one system, to learn all basic individual meanings, then find my way through different techniques, methods, spreads, and so forth. Intuition would be the last on that list.

Less sometimes is more - for me it was slam dunk all the way and I turned out fine with it. No idea how, but I did.

Slow down and get the basics downpacked then spread your wings.

"Middle card' thing, if you ask me, is a TAROT thing. Left to right and criss cross I reckon plus pairs. Soon you will form patterns and just know what they are saying through lots of practice and when you know how to put them to a question.

DND :)

What a great question and poll that you did DND! :thumbsup:

I see that people have voted for what I am having some issues with. I still don't understand how to 'read" the cards. Like if there is a five card reading.. The Key/The Mice/The Crossroads/The Dog/The Lady. I know you read them left to right, correct? The Crossroads would be the main thing?

So The Key/The Mice go together. Then do you read the mice/the crossroads together? Or go ahead to the Crossroads and the Dog? Yep.. totally confused! lol

I was using the Under the Roses Lenormand Deck. It is quite beautiful, but I just don't understand it. I also mixed every single card together so that the two men and the two women were both in the deck. I thought that would give a better reading, but it says in the book I shouldn't have done that lol

So I guess right now it is trying to figure out combinations and how to read more than one card. I am brand new to ever trying to read a lenormand deck, so I guess it is expected to be completely lost. It doesn't help that everyone has their own meanings for the cards on blogs/etc when searching for help. lol

It furthers the frustration and confusing when the "book meaning" makes absolutely no sense with the question or subject asked. What do I do then?

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil