Selenite- who uses it, and how do you feel

214red

I am new to crystals and have been drawn to work with selenite, i am curious if others use it as it seems to be a very versatile crystal. how did it feel using it, what did you use it for?

I have just finished working with citrine, and also peridot which was interesting, so am now curious about whats going to happen next

autumn star

I am really drawn to Selenite too -I have a beautiful selenite candle holder which I adore. It has a really calming and clearing energy to it - but a strong energy.

I tried to work with Selenite a few months ago. I had read that it was good for dream-work and remembering dreams, or meaningful dreams. I slept with it under my pillow but I think it ended up giving me nightmares so I stopped using it. I still have a small piece beside my bed though, I'm not sure if it has any effect.

I also tried putting it on my third eye or forehead for a while before going to sleep which seemed to bring a calming effect at the time.

I initially wanted it to work with it to calm my mind and help be more open to intutive messages and guidance. I probably should have used it more often than I did for it to have a big impact. I am quite new to stones too so hopefully someone else will post who has more experience working with Selenite.

I hope that helps anyway :) It is a beautiful stone though, I love the way it looks so icy.

Briar Rose

I love it. I have a piece by my bedside. I feel it has a good clean energy to it.

linnie

Selenite is a wonderful cleansing crystal... It is available in a shaped form which looks just like a beautiful, shimmering soap bar, and in fact that is one of its greatest uses... hold the 'soap', or piece of selenite, and brush it over your aura, your energy bodies, as it cleanses.... Also, I believe that if you run it along your spinal column, it assists in shifting the spine back to correct alignment. And, anything thsi shimmery and beautiful surely has a direct connection to the realm of Spirit.. Beautiful stone...

214red

thank you to everyone, i felt it contact my chakras my crown, heart and root the most but they need work on, i also felt its very comforting. I will write more once i work with it a bit more

Le Fanu

I have a large selentite sphere and a strange coiled obilisk in selenite. The sphere was the first crystal I bought, before I was even into rocks and stuff. It just drew my attention at a rock fair and was cheap. I was drawn to its ghostliness.

However, I feel that it isn't a stone which pulls at me metaphysically, if you know what I mean. Some stones really get to me; obsidian, turmaline, smoked quartz, hematite and jasper, but selenite is attractive but doesn't really grab me so much... It always looks stunning though when on show.

214red

Le Fanu said:
I have a large selentite sphere and a strange coiled obilisk in selenite. The sphere was the first crystal I bought, before I was even into rocks and stuff. It just drew my attention at a rock fair and was cheap. I was drawn to its ghostliness.

However, I feel that it isn't a stone which pulls at me metaphysically, if you know what I mean. Some stones really get to me; obsidian, turmaline, smoked quartz, hematite and jasper, but selenite is attractive but doesn't really grab me so much... It always looks stunning though when on show.
I am not sure its my type of stone either as it looks too cold and very much like stone, and i like colour, but since my guides pointed it out i brought it and only now am using it. i prefer my smoke quartz, or citrine

linnie

Le Fanu said:

I had a past life thing happen where Selenite was very important... this amazing place I was being carried through was just walls and walls of selenite... so I have an affection for it and feel it to be very gentle in its energy... but I love just about all crystals... there are very few that leave me cold... In this particular moment, I'm with you, Le Fanu, as all the metallic/grey/brown/black grounding stones are really drawing me (I found the most amazing black tourmaline/platinum wand the other day :)).. but this changes often... many times, I need all the blue-green stones, and sometimes Carnelian or picture jasper is my greatest comfort!!! I love stones!!!!! :)

Oh, selenite is also meant to be good to curb free-radicals... :)

morticia monroe

I've got a few giant chunks of selenite, and they're gorgeous. Unfortunately, I can't fool with them too much,,,they pulse so strongly that they are nearly impossible for me to hold, making my hands and arms itch and go numb. They're pretty to look at, though.

tarotlaura

I have a few pieces also. I have a chunk that sits on my main altar and I also have a Selenite wand that sits on my moon altar. Aside from something that looks really pretty I haven't had the chance at really working with them. Maybe I should have used one of them last night seeing that it has a calming effect cause I had a major bout with insomnia. I feel very calm when I hold it but that's about it but in all fairness I haven't given it a chance to see what it can really do.