7 of Swords As Trickster/Folk Hero

Abrac

I did a quick search for topics related to this but came up empty. There may be something if I dig deeper. Just thought I would start a thread and see if anyone has any thoughts about it.

He is up on the stage. He is not alone as I once believed. The audience (the people) can see what he is doing and are entertained by it. I can imagine a hearty round of applause awaits him at the end of the act. Those in power (off in the background) do not notice him or give him much heed, though they are probably at least vaguely aware of him. This looks like a Crusader camp, a typical symbol representing the power structure of the day.

Ideas? Opinions? :)

Barbaras Ahajusts

Abrac said:
I did a quick search for topics related to this but came up empty. There may be something if I dig deeper. Just thought I would start a thread and see if anyone has any thoughts about it.
He is up on the stage. He is not alone as I once believed. The audience (the people) can see what he is doing and are entertained by it. I can imagine a hearty round of applause awaits him at the end of the act. Those in power (off in the background) do not notice him or give him much heed, though they are probably at least vaguely aware of him. This looks like a Crusader camp, a typical symbol representing the power structure of the day.
Ideas? Opinions? :)

Oh! The old black and white, silent movies! Yes, I can see this. Depending on the surrounding cards, this interp could work very nicely, Abrac!

I am thinking this is the "na na na boo boo" card. I believe its the 7 Swords?
Barb

Abrac

More than a comedian who exposes the foibles of society, I see this fellow as potentially dangerous. Dangerous to the status quo and the power structure that keeps the people under its thumb.

He is manipulating the swords in some fashion. It is hard to tell if he is taking them, leaving them, or simply moving them around. Swords being the suit of intellectual activity, he seems to be trying to making a statement.

I am just now reminded of a story from the Old Testament in 1 Samuel, chapter 26. David (before he is King), is being pursued by King Saul who wants to kill him so he can't take over the throne. One night, while Saul and his men are asleep, David creeps into their camp and steals Saul's spear and water jug. Then, from a safe distance, he begins to taunt and ridicule them for being so careless and for not protecting the King in an adequate manner. King David is unqestionably one of Israel's greatest folk heroes.

Fulgour

kilts_knave said:
(esp. Post #15)
He's that Krazy Kat in the red fez hat...
and watch out for his magical math ~

One for you
Two for me

Two for you
Three for me

And so off he goes with 5
and there you are~with 2

Yabba dabba deeba dabba
Yabba dabba doo

I am sure I mentioned elsewhere (once upon a time)
that the image we see of the man on this card was,
and I am not going to use any politaclly :eek: incorrect
terms here~but such a one, in a such a red hat was
a comedy 'stock character' back in the theatre days
when Pamela travelled with Ellen Terry as her nanny.