Which Stones/Crystals do plants like?

crystalwoman

And a bit more:

STONES GOOD FOR DISCOURAGING PESTS AND MILDEWS

All of the quartzes, including white landscaping quartz pebbles, and other stones that contain large amounts of quartz will discourage aphids, slugs, snails. Some farmer ants (the guys who farm aphids for honeydew) are also quite sensitive to larger pieces of quartz. Quartz is silicon dioxide and contains both piezoelectric and pyroelectric properties. The polarity of the quartz crystal will change when it is subjected to pressure or heat. The tip of the crystal, normally of positive polarity and receptive of energy, then becomes negative in polarity and transmitive of energy from the tip or the edges. Quartz dispels static electricity and converts it into a naturally balanced, solid-state energy field. Quartz also generates Negative Ions, which are healthy and create a sense of well-being.

(If you want to know what REALLY strong negative ions feel like, go find a nice big PINE tree. Stand about 6 feet in front of it with your palms towards the tree. You will feel a cool energy on the palms of your hands. Slowly approach the pine, and the coolness on your hands, and face, will start to feel like a cool, gentle breeze. Your sinuses will suddenly clear, your lungs will take in huge invigorating breaths of air, and you will feel a sense of well-being and find yourself sighing a lot. You will actually feel as though there is a breeze going through your body. Cold running water like creeks and rivers and garden fountains also generates negative ions.)

The energy field generated by quartz under pressure has a dehydrating effect on moist insects like aphids and so they tend to avoid it. Ants, slugs and snails who touch it will often rear back as though they just received a little electric shock. Large Garden Centers everywhere now sell flat strips of copper for just this purpose because no-one really wants to put slug bait out, but copper circles can give the little wet critters a really nasty shock. I personally don't use copper because it delivers too much of a burning shock, I'm not sadistic or trying to kill them, they have a job to do and a life to get on with, and also there's the moist earthworms to consider. Earthworms don't like to touch active quartz, but they do like the negative ions and will gather near the roots of plants with crystals. Plants that have crystals near them will flourish and grow faster, bloom sooner, and many of them generate more negative ions themselves. They are also responsive to other minerals for their healing properties. Please note that the larger flying insects like bees, ladybugs, butterflies, etc. and all bigger spiders enjoy being around these plants. It seems to me that it's mostly the tiny sucking insects like spider mites and aphids that stay away from the energy field, and wet guys like slugs, snails, moist grubs.

With regard to moulds and mildews, I'm not too sure what is going on with them. Weather conditions and humidities play a big part in the development of these guys. I suspect that it's a case of them mainly attacking weaker or sicker plants and just not being able to get a grip on healthy plants with crystals. I do know that my plants with crystals don't get mildews, black spot, scale, leaf burn and a whole gamut of other problems that can besiege my plants without crystals. Needless to say, all my plants now have small crystals, one to a plant.

Here is how I place the stones with my plants (which are all in containers). One crystal stuck in the earth with the tip pointing up towards the plant. Brace the crystal on 4 - 5 sides with other stones of any kind that will hold it in place and will apply a bit of pressure to it. This little bit of pressure from the other stones will keep it activated at night, and the light and heat of daytime increases the energy generated, just when the plants need it most for active growth. Daylight also 'recharges' the crystals, so you need not worry about the crystal getting 'drained' at night.

My 'power plants' get bigger crystals, as do some of my bigger shrubs and trees. And even though my plants are in containers, I still lay out medicine circles on the ground out of other various stones, and place the container plants strategically within the circles.

wizzle

Hands down, the best rock for the garden I've come across is granite. I used to go out to the desert to collect granite rocks. But those I got from a local dealer were good as well.

I suspect that granite was so good for my garden because that was in California. In other areas I'd guess the "best" rock was whatever is widely available from any mountains nearby. Up here in Washington state I'd try to find large river rocks. Not surprisingly, most of those rocks are made up of granite or quartz.

At any rate, rocks for the garden should be just that..rocks. Not pure anything. In general, rocks are a combination of minerals and that's what plants need.

p.s. I had a huge garden in So Cal before I moved up here to WA state. Wish I had some pics to share.