pros and cons of resin incense?

Moonbow

I may try them again since so many people seem to like them so much. At the moment I am still working my way through some incense sticks from India, brought back by a friend of mine. Plus... I love nag champa.....still...I know its quite common but it hits the spot for my meditations.

gregory

Milfoil said:
Gregory gave me a box of incense sticks once, they were lovely and I wish I'd kept the box. I wonder if she remembers what they were?
Was the box blue printing on white with a little red in ?

Milfoil

Sounds like it Gregory. It wasn't Nag Champa but was a square sectioned box (as opposed to a flat one) just over 1cm wide.

WillowRose

Moonbow* said:
I may try them again since so many people seem to like them so much. At the moment I am still working my way through some incense sticks from India, brought back by a friend of mine. Plus... I love nag champa.....still...I know its quite common but it hits the spot for my meditations.

I love Nag Champa !
Off to light some now lol

gregory

Milfoil said:
Sounds like it Gregory. It wasn't Nag Champa but was a square sectioned box (as opposed to a flat one) just over 1cm wide.
That's odd - I would have thought it WAS Nag Champa. I'll go have a look after the weekend; I know where it CAME from.....

:lightbulb

But wait. If you come up here you can work it out for yourself and I can deliver your parcel and you can see our mutual friend and her centre.....

Well ?????

Sulis

I find that the trick with charcoal disks is to keep them in an air-tight container. They absorb moisture from the air and so if they aren't kept in something that is airtight, they are a bugger to light.

I light mine by holding the disk in tongs over a lit gas ring. They light no problem at all and stay lit too.

Milfoil

I wonder if the Prinknash charcoal discs have something in them then because they catch light so easily. Literally a quick hover over a flame and they are away. I do think they are slightly more smokey than others though.

Moonbow

Well since someone is going to send me some resins to try :) I think I should invest in another flavour, and also in a burner. Can anyone recommend a site (in the UK) to buy the charcoal discs and other bits? Last time I bought them in Cornwall but that's a long way to go for supplies. Although I would prefer the sniff test that isn't going to be possible so recommendations would be appreciated.

Erisanne

Soapstone burners are best for stuff that gets uber-hot, IMHO. And if you use the sand or sea salt, you're double-safe. :)