The Swiss Blue-Box Pocket Thoth ...

nisaba

Er ... not that I'm considering any rash acts,

but how many Magus cards does it have - the proper three, or just the awful one?

shadowdancer

I did have this and it has recently gone as part of a trade with a few other mini decks.

Off the top of my head, I am pretty sure the one I had only had the one.

It was a purchase from amazon so will assume that is how it came?

Davina

Shannon Rae

ha! I almost forgot about the Thoth deck having three Magus cards.

The 78th Fool

It only has the one Magus card - the standard one. To the best of my knowledge, the only current edition to contain three Magus cards is the US Games purple box edition (the standard size).

Chris. xx

Grigori

nisaba said:
but how many Magus cards does it have - the proper three, or just the awful one?

Actually it would be "the proper one, or the extra ones also?" :D

Le Fanu

The 78th Fool said:
It only has the one Magus card - the standard one. To the best of my knowledge, the only current edition to contain three Magus cards is the US Games purple box edition (the standard size)
... which is currently rather expensive on amazon. The standard Blue box one has the Surfer Dude Majorette Magus (which I presume is the offical one as it is the one Crowley preferred). I have two of the Purple box Thoths coz I only really love using my Thoth with the 8-armed shiva-type Magus with looming baboon...

(and my least favourite is that Aztec looking one doing the Egyptian-frieze pose)

I'm not sure I would think of them as the "proper" three. They were rejected ones by A.C himself. There must be loads of other versions of loads of other cards (as we are constantly told, Lady Frieda was forced to re-do some cards at least 8 times! So much scope for future Thoth editions! And for completists like gregory, rodney & I to have to acquire!)

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
.the Surfer Dude Majorette Magus
The Poncing Princess, yeah, I know the one.

Le Fanu said:
with the 8-armed shiva-type Magus with looming baboon...
I love that one! It's my absolute favourite!

Le Fanu said:
(and my least favourite is that Aztec looking one doing the Egyptian-frieze pose)
And that comes second - don't you just love the attempt at -er- anatomy? It had been a while since Lady Frieda had seen one, methinks. (Mind you, it's been a good many years since *I* saw one!)

The snake-armed one, chock-full of talismans and sigils, is to die for.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
The snake-armed one, chock-full of talismans and sigils, is to die for.
And a bit more anatomically convincing (as much as you can be anatomically convincing with 8 arms) than the others, even on tip-toe. And Lady Frieda did the sensible thing and placed the caduceus over his (let's say) solar plexus...

This card always feels to me like such a quintessential Art Deco masterpiece. It has the right gush of energy.

it's a wonderful card; a source of bemusement to me how any other could be chosen over this one.

Storm82

the old ones have three (very hard to find)

the ones in stores now have just one magus

firecatpickles

My favorite is the Hindu one also. I am glad I kept one. I have owned three and I gave one of those away and traded the other for a White Box C.