Can the Liber T be read just like the Thoth?

Professor X

Le Fanu said:
Your thread has made me go back to working with the Liber T again. The few times I have used it for very serious issues, it never fails to give really meaty readings.

I am glad my thread had that effect. :)

It is always good to help encourage people to work with something to help them grow.

Thanks for your reading. It does indeed look like a step by step progression.

What you said hit home it is indeed time to get my a.ss into gear again.

Scion

Aeon418 said:
I not a big fan of the Liber T major arcana. Every time I look at them I keep thinking of Walt Disney. :laugh:
Exactly!

Walt Disney... with candy-colored Thelema and chunky Hellenistic astrology and ironic bestiality and fetishy Gnostic demideities. :thumbsup: Three scoops and a spoon please. Count me in! :D

Professor X

I recieved my Thoth deck yesterday. Thank you Always Wondering :).

The large deck is a true work of art.

One thing I immediately noticed is that looking at pictures of the deck does not do it justice. It is only when you have one in your hands do you really get the detail and brilliance of the cards. Lady Frieda Harris did a masterful job on the artwork.

The main difference between the Thoth and the Liber T to me is that the colors are so much more vibrant and alive. The colors seem to speak to me which helps to get more energy off of the cards. I am taken aback by the energy coming off of the deck. Dont get me wrong the Liber T was good but the Thoth is on a different level.

Just like you guys said they both indeed are interchangeable. What you learn on one deck can indeed be transferred to the other one.

Another thing is that the LWB for the Thoth is the best one I have ever seen. It is very good to read to add to what I already know about the Thoth. The Thoth is a deck that truly worthy of constant lifetime study.

Last night I slept with it next to me on the bed to further impress my energies on the cards. I will be using the Thoth exclusively in the weeks to come. I really want to bond myself to the cards.

But I do have one question concerning the colors. I am already aware that the colors for the 22 trumps come from the King-Queen-Prince-Princess color scale as set up by the Golden Dawn.

My question is where does the color scheme for the decans come from. Where did Crowley draw the inspiration from to color the decans.

Scion

Truthfully, the decan material is all from Mathers and the Golden Dawn. Crowley was at best a middling astrologer and whatever content is there is a holdover from other folks who knew more about it than he. He respects it, but sort of holds it at arm's length, like most of the members of the Golden Dawn actually.

As for coloring the pip cards, those color scales are Qabalistic, not astrological, but since the decans are attributed to things which are ALSO attributed to the Tree, the colors are attributed by indirect attribution.

Le Fanu

I have decided after working with both decks that deep down it is the Thoth I like the most. I like working with both decks at different times, but ultimately, the Thoth has the edge for me.

The Liber T is curvaceous and undulating, the Thoth is more angular, geometric and radiates outwards. The Liber T keeps its curves rhythmically within the picture frame. I find that at different moments I like to use both but if I had to choose, it would be the Thoth...

Always Wondering

Professor X said:
I recieved my Thoth deck yesterday. Thank you Always Wondering :).

The large deck is a true work of art.

You're welcome.
Anyone who reads Book Four needs a Thoth deck. ;)

AW

Professor X

Good News.

On Monday of next week I will be going to meet with some people to discuss
some employment and housing options.

Today I signed up for unemployment benefits. I previously did not know that I was even eligible for them. Once the paper work for it all clears I should get my first check in 2 weeks.

After I signed up I did a reading with my Thoth where I wanted to see if the paperwork would go through okay and I would be able to recieve unemployment.

The two cards I got were:

The Universe
The 9 of Wands- Strength

So it looks like everything is going to go through just fine I would say.
Those are both powerful cards.