Help: with Purchasing another Thoth

Aeon418

That's the defect! I didn't notice it myself for quite a while.

But it's like I said, it doesn't matter if the cards are US Games or Swiss they are still the exact same cards printed by AGMuller. They are just packaged in different boxes and distributed by different companies.

Does anyone own a Pocket size 1996 AGM without this defect?

Abrac

Cosmo-

Do you have your heart set on the Pocket size, or would you be willing to step up to a standard size if you could find one you like?

I know you are feeling soured on US Games right now and that is understandable, but they have a standard sized version in a lavendar box that is actually pretty nice (ISBN: 0880793082). By standard size I mean a little on the small size as Tarots go, but just a bit bigger than a Poker deck. The actual dimensions are 2 3/4" x 4 5/16". The colors and stock are both very good in my opinion. I have an AG Muller "Swiss" version of the same deck, and to me the colors are slightly better on the US Games deck. The one I have doesn't have any misprints on INTERFERENCE, or any other cards for that matter.

It is pretty easy to find it in stores right now, so you should be able to just go pick one up, if that is an option. One benefit of purchasing directly from the store is that you could make an instant exchange or refund on the spot if the deck was defective.

Cosmotaroist

Abrac:

Thanks for sharing the great info....I will look into it! Sounds promising......by the way how much Bigger is the "standard" from the "pocket poker" ??

IF it is by a little bit...I would definately appreciate the higher quality of the colours and prinintings.

Thanks.

Aeon418

The standard size Thoth cards measure 11cm x 7cm compared to the pocket's 8.9cm x 5.7cm. Not a huge difference. In fact the actual pictures on the standard deck are exactly the same size as the pocket cards with frame.

Voron

Cosmotaroist said:
Anybody knows of a Thoth with rich colours (with no defects)? ...

The best Thoth I ever held was a birthday gift I got in 1996 in Seattle, WA. It was an AG Meuller Swiss Printed standard-sized deck (as in really printed in Switzerland) and was in a White OTO box with a full-color Universe (XXI) Card on the back. It came with the extra magus cards, and I *think* it had a hexagram too, though I can't remember which one. It had by far the best colors I've seen. The deck was stolen from me, but I still have the original extra Magus cards, (I didn't use them at the time) and the box. It is sad to compare these extra magus cards with the ones from the Belgium printed version I own.

Sorry I don't have the ISBN number of the deck I had.

Cosmotaroist

Thanks for all the inputs....looks like the best thing to do is for me to go down to the local meta bookstore and try to find a AG Standard Thoth! I do not really care if it comes with extra Magus or the Hexgram...as long as the 78 cards are visually pleasant with no defects...which will make me very happy...

Cosmotaroist

I checked out a US Games Standard deck with the extra Magus....I was suprised by how much better the colours and the details are! ISBN...... 1-57281-510-8
probably gonna order a set soon!

Cosmotaroist

done! got my deck today! very happy with the quality of the printing....much better than the playing card size!! should "cleanse" it soon!

cheers

Abrac

Cool Cosmo, glad you found one.