78 card Jean Noblet Tarot by Jean-Claude Flornoy

lunakasha

Umbrae said:
If the great god of shipping is good, late next week.

That would be WONDERFUL.....thanks for the update Umbrae.

I have emailed Jeannette so now I am ready to wait patiently....:D

:) Luna

JanetBoyer

Teomat, I don't believe that this deck will be available via Amazon.com (unfortunately). You'll probably have to get it at Tarot Garden (if you live in the U.S.)

kwaw

Well I am happy to report that I was just knocked up by the postman!

My 78 Noblet and 22 Dodal that I ordered on Monday have arrived :)

As I put the parcel on the table a card, the Dodal VI fell out and my heart sank as I realised the parcel had been opened :(

However, the two packs were still well contained within the parcel and appear all present and correct ~ the Dodal lovers card was the note card and happily it all appears to have arrived safely despite being opened somewhere along the line (customs presumably ~ you'd think they would at least secure a package again after opening it).

Kwaw

Moonbow

Mine has arrived and I'm so thrilled with what I see.

Firstly, the size is just perfect for shuffling and handling quickly, it suits me perfectly... I love it!

The colours are sharp but also what I would tem as 'heritage' colours, not brash and modern but very clear. The gold/yellow is my favourite.

The cards have an eggshell type of finish which is perfect because they aren't shiny but will stand up to use.

.... and the detail, as everyone has already said, is superb, just as it is in the handmade Majors only deck.

I'm going to spend some time playing 'spot the difference' with the Majors, then I have all of the Minors to enjoy.

My accompanying card with the deck is the hand stencilled Dodal Devil .... what are saying Roxanne?! :D

thinbuddha

Moonbow* said:
I'm going to spend some time playing 'spot the difference' with the Majors, then I have all of the Minors to enjoy.

And this game has a few surprises in store!.. I was very interested to see how many differences there were in the black lines. I figured that the coloring might be different (and it was in hue, but not in color choices) but there are differences in the black lines on every card- some more significant than others.

rox

black lines

thinbuddha said:
And this game has a few surprises in store!.. I was very interested to see how many differences there were in the black lines. I figured that the coloring might be different (and it was in hue, but not in color choices) but there are differences in the black lines on every card- some more significant than others.

Ah yes, good ecktachromes of the originals were enormously enlarged on the computer, and there, embedded in dark-blue/black and green/black, were more black lines. Once "found" in that way, it was possible to confirm them on the originals. A very strange exercise, dealing as it does with discerning what was mostly invisible. There are very possibly more black lines in the deck that we never were able to make out.............

The color choices per se are those of the deck itself. The hues are partly the result of negotiations between our files and industrial printing methods. There were factors which we hope to control better next time 'round.

Paul

I've been so busy, haven't had a chance to weigh-in here.

In short, thrilled with the deck. It arrived quickly in 7 days from France to the Midwest USA. Rox's handwritten note on a Dodal card was that kind of artful and personal touch that is missing from modernity, I think. The deck is superb, solid, slick, colors are vivid, and seeing the entire 78 is fascinating.

I use a method of reading that compares and constrasts icons, images, gazes, and relationships between the cards within a tableau. So, the Noblet provides me with a new milieu within which to discover these relationships. It appears simpler in its imagery, more straightforward without the extra thingies that other TdM's seem to add to a card, either for supposed esoteric value or decorative augmentation. But, I suspect I am wrong here-- that the Noblet actually has a plethora of iconic connections, little quirks, and idiosyncrasies that I just need to discover.

Oh -- that box. Just like the deck, elegant, elegant, elegant.

M. Flornoy may embark upon the Dodal anytime he so desires. ;)

thinbuddha

the ugly word

Paul said:
M. Flornoy may embark upon the Dodal anytime he so desires. ;)

I'm split between wanting to see the fully restored mass market Dodal, or the hand colored Vieville majors... In either case, we must all learn to see the beauty of the ugly word "patience".

(and I just can't wait until I see the value of "patience")

le pendu

thinbuddha said:
I'm split between wanting to see the fully restored mass market Dodal, or the hand colored Vieville majors... In either case, we must all learn to see the beauty of the ugly word "patience".

(and I just can't wait until I see the value of "patience")

Me too! Exactly.

I would think that the Dodal would have a much larger market... the historical reprint being nearly impossible for many to find/afford. It would enable more folks to have access to the Dodal.

ah.. but I SO LOVE the Vieville, and would be so delighted to have a 22 or 78 card restoration by Jean-Claude Flornoy of that remarkable deck.

Poor Mr. Flornoy, he's worked for years on bringing us the Noblet, and here we are a few weeks after publication asking for the next deck please! I'm hope he takes it as a compliment to his craftsmanship that we are already looking forward to his next production.

Now, just look at the three cards that Flornoy has posted from the Vieville, how he brings out the detail in them!
http://www.tarot-history.com/Jacques-Vieville/pages/page-2.html

Hopefully, the Noblet will sell well, and help generate more interest in these delightful old decks.

Le Marseillais

Birthday conspiracy

Hello all :]

What about a birthday virtual cake ?

If we/you want to reward Jean Claude Flornoy about his nice réedition, I suggest that all of us we send individual message with or without decoration (i.e a birthday cake picture or animated or anything you are able to send attached).
Because today is Jean Claude D Day:
This is his birthday célébration date !!! :)

So, Rox, please don't betrayed us and informs Jean Claude only when all various mails has been sent:
Regarding "jet lag" it could end up this evening let's say 9 or 10h PM french time.
It is difficult to harmonise a deadline but Rox will decide of course.

Merci Roxane.

Joyeux Anniversaire Jean Claude !!

Yves Le Marseillais