Planets in the backgrounds of cards

rhombchick

So... I've finally decided that I am going to do an IDS with the Gilded
I've done my journal up.
Shuffled the deck
Pulled a card as my first card to study
It is the two of cups
I open up my journal to a nice crisp page titled Two Of Cups
My first observation is "There is a planet in the background" Guess I was moving from the top of the card down.........but this is where I am stuck...
I can't figure out what this blue planet is. I do a quick google search, but am no closer to understanding.....
Having a quick flick through the other cards I notice several also with planets in the background. Most are moons, but some like
The Empress
The Fool
The Magician
Temperance
Two of Swords
Wheel of fortune and many more are not....
Is there a website anyone knows about where I could find more information about what planets correspond to what card??
Is it only the majors that have planets assigned?

NorthernTigress

Planets seem to be a very strong theme in the Gilded deck. When I first started working with the deck, I wasn't sure if they represented actual members of our solar system, or alien worlds.

But as I investigated your question, I noticed that the Sun card has all the planets, in order. You can look at each one, and make an educated guess as to which full-sized planet is which.

Here's what I found:

The Sun / The Emperor

Both show an image of a zodiac disk. Both show a representation of the orbits of the planets. (the Emperor's is on his sceptre)

Many cards show different images of the moon. They range from traditional images of the moon, to large "planet-sized" moons, to symbolic moons. These cards are:

High Priestess
Moon
World
Ace of Cups
Ace of Pentacles
Two of Pentacles
Four of Pentacles
King of Pentacles
Eight of Cups
Six of Swords
Nine of Swords
Ten of Wands

Four cards show a large orange-colored planet. Based on the diagram in the Sun card, it is most likely Mercury or Mars. These cards are:

Lovers
Justice
Temperance
King of Wands

Two cards show a green-colored planet. From the diagram, I would say that this is Venus. The cards are:

Magician
Empress

Ace of Wands is Jupiter.

The King of Cups shows planet Saturn.

The King of Swords shows a blue planet with rings. From the Sun diagram, this is Uranus.

Four cards show a blue planet without rings. According to the diagram, this is mostly likely Neptune. The cards are:

Fool
Hierophant
Two of Cups
Two of Swords

This leaves the Wheel of Fortune, which shows two planets, or one planet and its moon. It's almost impossible to identify this planet, which is appropriate to a card that represents ever-changing Fate.

rhombchick

WOW!
Thank you NorthernTigress... It didn't occur to me to check the sun card and compare!!!!!
Thank you so much for helping me de-mistify those planets....
Now I can fill in the blank spot in my journal!!!!!!!!!!
:) :D :)

NorthernTigress

rhombchick said:
WOW!
Thank you NorthernTigress... It didn't occur to me to check the sun card and compare!!!!!
Thank you so much for helping me de-mistify those planets....
Now I can fill in the blank spot in my journal!!!!!!!!!!
:) :D :)

You're welcome. :cool2:

We're both learning together. I wouldn't have made that investigation without your question to use as a springboard.

Egypt

Planets

I too have the question on my mind as to what the planets mean towards the situation of the card. So lets say the person you are reading for, significantly asks you what the planets in their cards mean. how would you explain that to them?

inanna_tarot

Love it!! I love how people see things that I never did before :D