Crystals for sleep and a quiet mind?

Labhraín

LOVE quartz. Blue lace agate is nice as well. There are many stones or crystals I think are useful for sleep, but each person is different so sometimes it takes a bit of experimentation.
I like listening to sleep cds, spritzing some calming oils around, like a lavender blend, stones and crystals and mudras are useful too. Good luck finding the right combo for you!

This sounds great, thank you!

Amsonia

As for crystals, I would try Hematite

I love lavender oil at bedtime...that is a good suggestion

Some medicines cause vivid dreams, and the nicotine patch really creates lively dreams all night...so with that fact, if I was having too vivid of dreams, I might see if there was anything in my diet that might cause them like medicine or food additives, artificial food colors, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, that sort of thing...

OaksWhispering

I read that rainbow moonstone aids in calm sleep.

I myself had issues with night terrors and since I began using amethyst with black onyx I have not had a problem. (I also declare that I will sleep peacefully)
Sodalite is supposed to calm the mind, so maybe you can give that a go? I find the color to be incredibly soothing.
I wonder though, if it might be more effective to find the root of your dreaming issues.

OaksWhispering

I also just read something about howlite for a refreshing sleep

Labhraín

I read that rainbow moonstone aids in calm sleep.

I myself had issues with night terrors and since I began using amethyst with black onyx I have not had a problem. (I also declare that I will sleep peacefully)
Sodalite is supposed to calm the mind, so maybe you can give that a go? I find the color to be incredibly soothing.
I wonder though, if it might be more effective to find the root of your dreaming issues.

It's just a busy mind. Thinking about lots of stuff, the "mind machine" keeps going after I fall asleep. It's always on the job, hard to get it to take time off! :)

Hemera

Aquamarine

Aquamarine is excellent for a clear and quiet mind. It´s soothing like a clear and calm pool of water.
Aquamarines are not always easy to find, though, and especially clear ones are often a bit more pricey. (Sometimes it is replaced by the cheaper blue topaz so watch out.)
Connect with the stone first and make sure you feel it is a calm one.

I have several Aquamarines and most of them are very calming and quiet stones but I have one that is rather active. There´s lots of sea foam and bubbles and it always has a lot to say. That particular stone wouldn´t be of much help in getting sleep :p

avalonian

I have found Howlite to be helpful, I put it under my pillow, or sometimes hold it in my hand.

When I am really struggling I also take Bach White Chestnut Flower Essence, it has a similar effect to taking a pan of boiling water off the stove.

:) :) :)

Labhraín

Aquamarine is excellent for a clear and quiet mind. It´s soothing like a clear and calm pool of water.
Aquamarines are not always easy to find, though, and especially clear ones are often a bit more pricey. (Sometimes it is replaced by the cheaper blue topaz so watch out.)
Connect with the stone first and make sure you feel it is a calm one.

I have several Aquamarines and most of them are very calming and quiet stones but I have one that is rather active. There´s lots of sea foam and bubbles and it always has a lot to say. That particular stone wouldn´t be of much help in getting sleep :p

I do have an aquamarine pendant. I'll try that tonight.

I tried my hematite bracelet last night. Not only was it annoying to wear a bracelet to bed, but the hematite didn't work. So, I'll give the aquamarine a shot.

I do have moonstone, but only rings - no pendants.

I don't usually wear jewelry to bed. Lots of times, I leave my diamond pendant on but sometimes I take that off too. I just can't stand wearing jewelry to bed so if I do, it has to be a pendant so I won't notice it.

I don't have any howlite. If I need to, I'll get some of that and give it a try. First, aquamarine and then if that doesn't work, I'll try howlite.

OaksWhispering

It's just a busy mind. Thinking about lots of stuff, the "mind machine" keeps going after I fall asleep. It's always on the job, hard to get it to take time off! :)

Maybe you need a good routine before bed, a winding down routine such as hot tea and then a hot bath? Maybe some meditation?
Overstimulating your mind during the day can make you crazy at night, especially if you spend a lot of hours on one task, then you will end up dreaming about doing that task.