Essential Oils - What is the drop ratio?

Labhraín

I know that essential oils need to be diluted by a carrier oil before applying to the skin. If you don't need to make a bottle or a roll-on bottle's worth of oil, but just want to apply some oil to your hands, feet, forehead or any part of your skin, then how many drops of carrier oil would you use per drop of essential oil? Is it one drop of essential oil and three drops of carrier oil or something like that?

celticnoodle

\Labhrain, I'm no expert, but I believe it really depends on what you are making. Since it is to be applied onto the skin, I'd think what you ended with is probably a good way to start anyway. 1 drop essential oil and 3 drops of carrier oil. Why not google it to see? You might be able to find your answers that way. I do have a book, "The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy" where I could try to look it up for you, if you wish. Just PM me and let me know.

Laurelle

I make a bottle of oil. It's about 1 oz and I put about 20-30 drops in. This is approximate. I tend to smell it to see how it smells too. It's not an exact science.

10 drops is equal to 1/4 tsp.