POLL: New Forum Section?

Would you like a new forum section for historical speculations?

• Yes, a 6th section for speculation in history and philosophy

Votes: 47 64.4%
  • No. Historical Research should relax its standards and welcome all ideas.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • No. Keep standards in His Res; speculation can be addressed in Talking Tarot

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I either don't know or don't care.

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters

gregory

I have had posts in HR modded (via PM) by non-moderators. That can be annoying too. I didn't know that about TT.

Well, see, talking tarot isn't REALLY about the origins thereof. I can see that - it is about DECKS.... (I've been modded out of there for talking about the Cathars :D)

ALSO - knowses and supposes (as Rosy calls them - LOVE that !) can be very confusing to new members who are starting out and find them in among why has x deck got altered attributes etc... New members like that rarely venture into HR for a while...

Richard

Well, see, talking tarot isn't REALLY about the origins thereof. I can see that - it is about DECKS.... (I've been modded out of there for talking about the Cathars :D)
Isn't it against the AT rules to talk about ummmm.... moderation? }) Anyhow, maybe a new forum is needed after all. (Cathars are kewl. Wish they hadn't been quite so ascetic.)

gregory

I think a case like this isn't the same as complaining about mods ? They TOLD me why I couldn't post about that there - and they were correct - it didn't fit the TT forum guidelines.

Rosanne

Thanks for the support for such an old idea Gregs!!!

One of the reasons I would like a seperate twilight sub forum- is that in the main Tarot Historians are not readers. I know that is a wide sweeping statement....
I look at the card from two angles one as a reader, one as a person who is interested in reading the card and one who is interested in the History of the card or deck itself. Knowing some History of a deck enriches it's use, and meaning. The Thoth deck investigations are a clear example.

For example I believe that it is entirely possible that along with playing the game Bianca Visconti could well have played a fortune telling game...does he Love me? Will he return from War? Will my children do well? In the renaissance having your stars read was commonplace. So if I want to discuss this subject... where on earth would I place the Thread?
Not in Historical Tarot, not in Visconti or Older decks? Not in Talking Tarot? where?
So if I want to digress into a fanciful area there is no place to post.
I have had some supposedly mad ideas that I speculated on come to fact through discussion and sharing. So have others and I have learned from them. I hope Solandia will grant this request.
~Rosanne

Metafizzypop

So if I want to digress into a fanciful area there is no place to post.
I have had some supposedly mad ideas that I speculated on come to fact through discussion and sharing. So have others and I have learned from them. I hope Solandia will grant this request.
~Rosanne

I've had some offbeat ideas myself on tarot. I never knew where to post them, though. I'd like to see a new forum also, something devoted to theoretical ideas. I think it would be very creative and thought-provoking, and spiritual too.

Teheuti

I look at the card from two angles one as a reader, one as a person who is interested in reading the card and one who is interested in the History of the card or deck itself.

I so agree with you.

Solandia

Thanks for all the ideas on potential expansion of the Historical Research area. I've given it plenty of thought and have decided to keep the board as is for now. More speculative than historical threads can be discussed in Talking Tarot.

~ Solandia

Teheuti

Solandia -

That's great but many of us have had our historically lasted posts moved out of there in the past. Will the Talking Tarot parameters now expand to serve our needs?

Mary

Alta

Sulis and I will host the speculative threads in Talking Tarot. The rules do shift to meet the needs of the members.

Laura Borealis

Sulis and I will host the speculative threads in Talking Tarot. The rules do shift to meet the needs of the members.

This works for me. Thank you Alta, Sulis and Solandia.