First Edition Starchild

Good.juju

I was wondering if anyone know where I could get the first edition Starchild Tarot. It's a beautiful deck and would love to work with it but I haven't been able to locate it. Thank you.

Dogs&Coffee

You and me both... I've been looking for one for weeks...

banbha

What's the difference between the first and second editions?

Tea&Temperance

I would recommend looking up a comparison vid on Youtube for the difference between the editions (there is one by Wild Moon Woman) but in my opinion the colour scheme for packaging of the first edition is more teal/blue/green while the second edition is more purple/pink.

They are like sister decks. The first edition was made for a 70s moonchild while the second edition was made for a galaxy print loving hipster - so obviously I love both of them :p

Many cards have been reworked for the 2nd edition, saturation has been altered, card backs are different etc. To me it seems the deck has two formats: one that reminds me of 70s rainbow motifs and one that is more spacey clouds. I would say that the first edition has more 70s rainbow designed cards while the second edition has more spacey designed cards. Plus I think the second edition has an "Akashic" card as it is the Akashic edition.

Don't quote me on this, but I feel like I remember reading on the forums that someone mentioned the creator had talked about doing a reissue of the first edition (maybe in traditional tarot size like she has done for the Akashic 2nd edition as the original 1st and 2nd editions were a bit larger oracle size cards). Might be just a rumor but I would love it if she did!

They are both beautiful decks though :)

Autumnaleqinox

Omg that would be amazing! I have the traditional sized akashic deck and I really like it, but the first edition seems way more my style and I've been trying to track down a copy on the internet to no avail.

banbha

Thanks for the info. I think I'm enabled for both editions now. :)

staticfuzz

I got the Akashic deck over a year ago and the person who makes it has been promising since before that time that a reissue of the first edition would come out. It hasn't happened yet, but I guess it still could. I've been on the lookout for a first edition all that time and they are pretty rare, you can't really buy them anywhere, just hope that someone might put one up on eBay or in the swap section, although they're quite sought after so you might end up paying $100+. There was one on eBay in the beginning of March that was priced at $350 and actually did sell, so... :\

Good.juju

Dang I could do 100-150 and feel okay about it but 350 is quite a bit of money. :/ That's more then I pay for my half of rent.

staticfuzz

I know, I keep hoping that she'll re-release it because even if I do come across one (unlikely), I still might not be able to get it. I've noticed that she's not the best about deadlines or release dates; for instance, she had once said the Moonchild deck was going to be out like six months ago but that hasn't happened, although she still (infrequently) updates the Instagram for it, so I'm guessing she's still planning on releasing it at some point. I have hopes that the same is true of her promises to re-release the first edition Starchild. It's hard to be patient though!

G6

I would recommend looking up a comparison vid on Youtube for the difference between the editions (there is one by Wild Moon Woman) but in my opinion the colour scheme for packaging of the first edition is more teal/blue/green while the second edition is more purple/pink.

They are like sister decks. The first edition was made for a 70s moonchild while the second edition was made for a galaxy print loving hipster - so obviously I love both of them :p

Many cards have been reworked for the 2nd edition, saturation has been altered, card backs are different etc. To me it seems the deck has two formats: one that reminds me of 70s rainbow motifs and one that is more spacey clouds. I would say that the first edition has more 70s rainbow designed cards while the second edition has more spacey designed cards. Plus I think the second edition has an "Akashic" card as it is the Akashic edition.

Don't quote me on this, but I feel like I remember reading on the forums that someone mentioned the creator had talked about doing a reissue of the first edition (maybe in traditional tarot size like she has done for the Akashic 2nd edition as the original 1st and 2nd editions were a bit larger oracle size cards). Might be just a rumor but I would love it if she did!

They are both beautiful decks though :)

This was interesting to watch the comparison video because it seemed some cards that were included or not matched the other version better. Maybe there will be a 3rd and 4th edition that matches the different style/color schemes of the 1st and 2nd edition better?

Im still on the fence about this deck. I like collage, but I don't like photo based decks. I'm wondering if the photos are manipulated enough or if the collage is silly enough that I would like it in person.