Fifth AT Collab Deck - Artwork specs and technical questions

reall

must say as far I know this looks like to be most beautiful collab deck ever!^^ ;)))) lolz seriously, every card is so beautiful!^^ you can see all that positive energy!^^
(just hope my will be equal to!^^ (Ill share moment I finish it!^^ because im not *waiting* person and like to see it ALL and NOW!;))))) lolz

@tarotbear is it possible to layer in paint?:))
idk maybe copy past?;))) good luck with that!^^ ;)))

Cenozoic

{MS PAINT does not have layers for all those working in GIMP or Photoshop or other advanced manipulation systems.

And if there is an easier way to layer in PAINT - I need a tutorial :eek: }

To layer in paint, I would suggest using the eraser tool.

Basically, let's say your background is a solid white. If you want to change the solid white to have strokes of light blue, just think of it as "change Color 1 to Color 2", so in plain words, "change white to light blue". Put white in Color 1, then put light blue in Color 2.

Using the eraser tool, right-click on the white and create strokes of light blue lines, and you'll see it will only change the white area and no other colours. And you could also left-click to use light blue to fill in areas where it isn't the perfect shade of solid white.

And then you can go crazy. "Change light blue to pink", "Change pink to yellow". And you'll end up with lots of interesting effects. So just try it out and see if you like it.

Oh right, and you can also change black outlines to colourful ones using the same method. Or change colourful outlines to black ones. Depends on what you're going for.

And you can also use the eyedropper tool to pick colours already on your artwork.

tarotbear

@tarotbear is it possible to layer in paint?:))
idk maybe copy past?;))) good luck with that!^^ ;)))

It took coloring the figures in but leaving the sky white. Then I created another sky-only background and saved that. I copied the figures, pasted them over the sky background and hit the 'transparent selection' button (drop-down window in 'selection options') and it left me with the colored figures over the colored sky. I did not know if this would even work until I tried it. (See all 3 pictures I attached to post #10)

HOWEVER - you cannot save the composite image under the title you used for either part of the image; I had to give it entirely a new title; I got an 'administrator only' error message I didn't understand. Also - to be sure - as soon as I got the composite image saved even before I started to finish it up I sent it in an email back to myself - as a safety precaution.

I did this all quite by accident - so I would say to try it first with something as a 'test' before you do it with the card you so carefully worked on - in case it does not go smoothly for you.

BTW - if you have a large area to color and the 'fill-in' tools gives you gaps - I found out a long time ago to use the eraser tool to fill in - the eraser doesn't pixelate the way using a paintbrush on 'wide' does. I do most of my fill work with the 'eraser tool' - learned that once in a YouTube video... which is where I learned to do the multicolor skies using the 'pencil tool' to blend the edges of the two colors over each other.

Your mileage may vary ... and good luck!

reall

@tarotbear that was my guess!^^
didn’t know that *eraser trick*!^^
and for the saving is always god idea to give different name each time and check format!^^ ;)))

Laura Borealis

I'm loving all the cards so far. This is going to be such a great deck. :)

I'm buying a scanner today, and hopefully will get my Tower submitted in a day or two.

Laura Borealis

I had to order my scanner so I'm delayed a few days :(

tigerlilybug

I could not get my scanner to work so I took a picture then edited on photoshop so it's a mix of pencil, watercolor pencil and graphic edits. I'm not really sure if I like it so this is the rough copy for now since I have a while before the deadline I think I'll let it sit for a bit and try to scan it at a local office store but I figured I'd show you all anyway :)

Attachments

• sevenofcups.jpg
    sevenofcups.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 117

Flames

Hi tigerlilybug, :)

What a beautiful 7 of Cups! It's got such charm. And how the little girl is reaching for the top...I remember those days!! :) I love how you're able to capture her desire for more, as well as a sense of frustration at not being able to. :heart:

If you'd like, why not share this in "The Fifth AT Deck in Progress" Thread? I'm sure the others would love to see it. They may miss it here in the Technical Thread. ;) Just wanted you to know. It doesn't have to be finished in order to share in the other thread...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=224918

tigerlilybug

Hi tigerlilybug, :)

What a beautiful 7 of Cups! It's got such charm. And how the little girl is reaching for the top...I remember those days!! :) I love how you're able to capture her desire for more, as well as a sense of frustration at not being able to. :heart:

If you'd like, why not share this in "The Fifth AT Deck in Progress" Thread? I'm sure the others would love to see it. They may miss it here in the Technical Thread. ;) Just wanted you to know. It doesn't have to be finished in order to share in the other thread...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=224918

Thanks!! Oh I remember them to haha and the seven of cups tends to give me a childlike vibe. I will post it over there since that is okay and I'm the type to not finish until the deadline I'll tweak it a million times to perfection. :)