The Playing Card Oracles by Cortez/Freeman

Phoenix Rising

Hi thanks Lee,
I've seen this site before, read a little bit of her book too, a great source of information, one of the best I've seen. Knowledge from her father I believe. However she was taught by one of his students.

Let us know what you think of it when you get it.

darwinia

I'd like to know what you think of it too Lee.

It doesn't seem to be a true Transformation deck, but it is more than a simple illustrated deck with pictures on the card, because suit elements are partially involved in the picture in some cases.

VERY interesting--dreamy and fantastical. I LOVE illustrative decks like this.

ShekinahMoon

Looks divine

I want this deck so it's going on my wish list for a December purchase. :) The set comes out in December so I have to wait :(

I simply ADORE oracle and Tarot decks with fantasy images that are not overly abstract. And this looks very nice.

I'm looking forward to learning more of what they quoted on the website.

Although a number of authors have mentioned the calendar correspondences in the playing cards, this book shows in detail how to make practical use of it.
52 cards - 52 weeks in the year
4 suits - 4 seasons in the year
13 cards in each suit - 13 weeks in each season
Total of numbers in each suit = 91 - 91 days in each season
Total of numbers in the Deck = 364 - 364 days in the Fixed Lunar Year

Cerulean

Thanks--this looks different and fun and unique...

Really a nice kind of bridge between divination and art in a standard card system.

I like what I read. Seems very creative.

And I adore oracles with calendar correspondences....they seem interesting to me. I guess I like it when a card system make a 'wheel of the year' kind parallel that reminds me of the Hallowquest deck or fun Japanese picture books with meditative poetry appropriate to seasons.

Best regards,

Cerulean

darwinia

Well, what's the scoop?

Did anyone actually buy this book yet? I would like to hear about it further.
Thanks.

Lee

I ended up cancelling my order, I decided I had too much else going on tarot-and-playing-card-and-oracle-wise in my life, and didn't need one more system to learn.

But I'd be interested in anyone else's opinions on it.

-- Lee

diane drizzy

Nice deck, always had a fondness for playing cards used in divination.

catlin

Ok, this is another one for the white cat's wish list *sigh*

darwinia

Lee said:
I decided I had too much else going on tarot-and-playing-card-and-oracle-wise in my life, and didn't need one more system to learn.

But new systems are enticing.

One quarter of my collection is playing cards--I love them if they are fully illustrated--just got the OOP Art for the Earth transformation deck from the UK. Normal price, double wrapped in cellophane. Beautiful, beautiful artwork.

So for this Playing Card Oracles, since it's a deck and book set, I am interested to explore. Depends on the price.