4 of wands reversed

woodsyowl

how would you read that? i see it as a re-union, or homecoming of some sort that went bad of won't happen. any thoughts?

WalesWoman

It all depends on what you are reading about.

It could be burning out instead of completion... like quitting school instead of graduating... or forgetting to fill out the paper work for grants, so there's no $ to go to school... something stopped the progress, so there is no completion, no commencement nor cause for celebration.

I think of 4 Wands as putting down foundations for further growth and development, so reversed it wasn't solidly built or not finished for one reason or another. Things got so far and then stalled out.

Fostha

4 wands rvs~first thing that comes to mind here is your foundation/base aint as stable as you want/need it to be,but as always,depends on the surrounding cards (and I don't really like to use spreads:),but everybodies different and does/reads things their own way)and the question that's being asked.Hope that helps.

Sulis

It depends on the context. Are you reading about a reunion or a homecoming? If not then I don't think I'd read it as that.
Fours are about stability and the pause after the initial burst of creativity that comes after the three. The Four of Wands is about the first harvest, pausing to reflect on what you've already started and preparing for what you're going to do next so I think I'd go with what Fostha has said - the start may not have been as good as expected and the foundations are a bit shaky.
It could also point to insecurity or about thinking 'outside of the box', stepping out of your comfort zone - something like that.
It really does depend on context though. It's a bit like asking what a word or a sentence in the middle of a chapter in a book means - without the rest of the chapter, it's very hard to tell.