Books on tarot symbolism

Barleywine

Believe it or not, that PDF was actually compiled (by another member) from a long-running thread here on AT back in the days...

See here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=112327

Mel hasn't posted here in some years so it would be unfair to give away too many details. You could always post a thank-you note in that thread if you wish.

Ah, another, much more readable, work that touches on pythagorean number symbolism and its relation to the Tarot is Nigel Jackson's book, "Fortuna's Wheel".

I remember Mel's old thread, and believe I already condensed what I could out of it for my reference material. If this newer pdf captures the same thing that I already assembled myself, I won't need to print another 90 pages.

_R_

Having had second thoughts, I just had a quick look again at both Opsapaus and Jackson's takes on the suits, and it turns out it was Jackson rather than Opsapaus who stuck to the Rider-Waite attributions.

In fact, Opsapaus states: N.B.: I think the Pythagorean interpretation of the Decad requires a more positive reading of the Dix of Swords than is usual.

[ web.eecs.utk.edu/~mclennan/BA/PT/m10.html ]

Just in case anyone was wondering.