One Deck Wonder

fluffy

Hmm, I can see that this thread is more about the process, than any readings we do. What about if : If you want to read only with someone who is using the same deck as you then that is fine, but those that don't mind can obviously partner those that are on their own with a deck. Then we post our comments/thoughts etc in this thread all together.

I for one can see the advantages of doing a reading with LittleBuddha (I am only using one deck by the way as well!), which I would very much like to do for the purpose of this exercise and because I think he does great readings and has amazing insights to offer on the Buddha :) However, I would also do another reading with someone else to partner as for me it is the process of me reading with the deck and no other deck that I am interested in exploring. Then I could come back to this thread and discuss any problems etc that I had with LittleBuddha if I wanted to and discuss in general with everyone.

Is this post too long winded? What do you think?

Love Fluffy
x

bleuivy

I can see discussion might be a bit of a sticking point, as many of us are using different decks. I think fluffy's suggestions are good ones.

Why don't we use this thread to discuss the process of reading with one deck for such an extended period of time, what revelations we've had about our reading skill, how our reading have evolved and changed over the course of the excercise, etc.

Also, if all of a sudden I get a craving to read with the Fey, I am hoping someone here will talk me out of it! :p

I was planning on posting revelations I've had about individual cards in the RWS forum, as well as my daily draw, etc.

I do think, though, that if we do readings as part of the course of this excercise for one another, we should all post them together, or post them in their own threads, but with links in this thread. I want to support everyone else's readings, even if I am not using the same symbolism.

It just seems to me that choosing to read with one deck for such an extended period of time is intended to have us focus on developing our reading skill almost more so than the symbolism in the individual deck we chose. Yes, of course deck tourism will happen (because face it, we've all chosen great decks :)), but I'd like to think no matter which deck we're each using we'll be having common experiences we will want to share and discuss. I don't want to stick with the RRW forever, and I want to be able to take what skills I get out of this excercise to every other deck I sit down to use in the future.

PlatinumDove

bleuivy said:
I was planning on posting revelations I've had about individual cards in the RWS forum, as well as my daily draw, etc.

I was thinking of doing the same, just in the Thoth forum, the Thoth Daily draw thread, and the Visconti Sforza study group, if that's been started...or would that be in the historical forum?

Moonbow

There is a Daily Marseilles thread in Your Readings too, if anyone is interested.

It's not restricted to just Marseilles decks but any historical, pip deck.

Daily Marseilles Readings

PlatinumDove

Thank you for that thread Moonbow*. I can't believe no one has started a study group on the deck.

Little Baron

fluffy said:
I for one can see the advantages of doing a reading with LittleBuddha (I am only using one deck by the way as well!), which I would very much like to do for the purpose of this exercise and because I think he does great readings and has amazing insights to offer on the Buddha :)

So where do we do this reading? Do we do it in the reading exchange? Then come back here and talk about problems and experiences that we had from reading with the one deck. I just completed a reading for Azarial in my own thread and found it very difficult. Where can I discuss that? Here or somewhere else?

LB

bleuivy

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but here's my two cents.

Go ahead and discuss the difficulties you had with the reading here. We're all here trying to help each other through this process. If we eventually decide a different place should be used to discuss individual readings, someone can start up a thread. For now, why not discuss readings here as a trial of the reading-discussing process?

Satori

This is the partners list that I propose based on the dialogue that I just read.
Please, if anyone needs to be shuffled, let me know either on the thread or by PM.

We'll do one card draws for each other and read based on the card. Clarifiers can be added, I mean, have fun with it.

I propose we ask What will (name of partner)'s primary lesson be during her time with the (name of deck).

Sulis, please feel free to use your RWS as Kissa is using a Rider too....

Group 1
elf ~ International Icon and LS classic
Jewel-ry ~ International Icon and the Fournier Marseilles deck

Group2
kissa ~ Mary Hanson-Roberts' Universal Waite/International Icon and Kris Hadar's Véritable Tarot de Marseille
Sulis ~ International Icon

Group 3
bleuivy ~ RRW and Camoin
Emily ~ Tarot of the Old Path

Group 4
PlatinumDove ~ Thoth and Visconti Sforza
similia ~ International Icon

Group 5
Fluffy ~ Buddha
LittleBuddha ~ Buddha

bleuivy

I think that looks like a good list, elf. Thanks.

Is the idea that we post our one-card readings for each other here?

Satori

Okay. Partners list has been posted.
The question I included is purely a suggestion, no one has to do it, do whatever question strikes your fancy.

We will do the one card draws in this thread for now, and move to the REX later. This is experimental and is intended to get us going and break the proverbial ice.

Sound good?