One Deck Wonder

PlatinumDove

Just the idea of getting a new deck has been put off (thankfully for my bank account hehe) because of this project. As much as I'd love to get a new deck for myself, its not going to happen for a year.

bleuivy

PlatinumDove said:
Just the idea of getting a new deck has been put off (thankfully for my bank account hehe) because of this project. As much as I'd love to get a new deck for myself, its not going to happen for a year.

Me too! My almost non-existant bank account is thanking me for joining this little group. Of course, I started out my time of deck monogamy by buying two new decks, the Radiant Rider Waite and the Camoin Marseilles (from Scion), but that is nothing compared to what I've been spending on decks lately. There are a couple of decks that have been calling out to me to buy them, but I am being strong! No more new decks for a year!

Is there a determined-looking smiley? Because I have a very determined look on my face.

Kissa

i got the fairytale today but didn't unwrap the cards. watched the book though and put the bookplate (signed) in it but somehow, with the kids shouting around and all, it was easy to decide not to open it now.

Jewel-ry: thanks for describing your journal, i think i can do something like that but i don't know if i want to compare decks. i haven't read with the marseille till the beginning of my detox program, six days ago. it's been me and Pixie all the way.

kissa

edited to add: my deck monogamy will end as soon as i receive the IIT from Tarot Garden, i hope before the middle of next week.

Satori

Here's what I"m finding with the II.

First, background.
My first deck was the Voyager. I loved it, read with it all over and just played with it for a long time. But, always with the larger book Wanless wrote for it. Always. never without the book.

then I got a reading from a witch who used the Old Path.
she recommended I learn the basics and I bought a Universal Waite. did the online course with Joan bunning live on Barnes and Noble U site.
Again, really connected with the deck. But I found it a bit boring...

bought robin wood and loved that for a while...but still, with books.
Bought The Whimsical and loved it! And found AT again and came back with my Whimsical and got busy!

And I stopped using the books and started to read like crazy! And collected decks like crazy!

With II I find the message is right there. bam. Up front, easy access. Wholly different than I'm used to!!!

My fear is that I won't see some of the stuff i see with the oracles and the faery cards etc...

The whole reading process is different. Not sure why.

hmmm.....

Jewel-ry

Kissa said:
i got the fairytale today but didn't unwrap the cards. watched the book though and put the bookplate (signed) in it but somehow, with the kids shouting around and all, it was easy to decide not to open it now.

Guess what arrived here about an hour ago? Not only the II but the Fairytale as well!

Oh what to do? I havn't opened either as yet, they arrived as I was going out of the door and now I am back. Two little packages just waiting for me to release them!

My fingers are a-itching, my nose is a-twitching (I think we have to smell the deck first!) and I am getting myself into a state. Where's lark? I think we need her.

Laaarrkkkk.....help!

Jewel-ry: thanks for describing your journal, i think i can do something like that but i don't know if i want to compare decks. i haven't read with the marseille till the beginning of my detox program, six days ago. it's been me and Pixie all the way.

My idea isn't necessarily to compare the decks but more to be able to see (at a glance) if there is any overlap in meaning :)

~Platinum Dove and bleuivy... the Fairytale and Harmonious (hopefully) were already in the system as they say. I will not be ordering any more.

Now back to the dilemna...to open or not to open...that is the question??????????????????????????????????

lark

Jewel-ry said:
Guess what arrived here about an hour ago? Not only the II but the Fairytale as well!

Oh what to do? I havn't opened either as yet, they arrived as I was going out of the door and now I am back. Two little packages just waiting for me to release them!

My fingers are a-itching, my nose is a-twitching (I think we have to smell the deck first!) and I am getting myself into a state. Where's lark? I think we need her.

Laaarrkkkk.....help!
You can look...and you can sniff...as long as you don't read with it or keep it out too long.
Look through it, and satisfy your curiosity and then put it away as a treat for later when your experiment is complete.

lark

elf said:
My fear is that I won't see some of the stuff i see with the oracles and the faery cards etc...
Just curious....so far do you feel you've missed any stuff in the readings you've done.

Sulis

I'm so tempted to the II deck - not sure if I want to pack up all my other decks though although maybe I could be convinced to just use my RWS :)

Thanks for the info on the lamination of the II - could someone tell me what the backs of the cards are like?

Thanks

Sulis xx

bleuivy

Gah! I realized earlier this morning that I do have a deck on the way. I ordered the Gummy Bear Tarot a while ago, so long ago that I'd forgotten, but it's taking its sweet time in showing up. It's such a cute deck, but I don't really need it, so I don't think it'll be too tempting when it arrives. I'm thinking I'll open it, count the cards to make sure they're all there, and then put it away again. I'm glad I don't have the Hudes on the way. That deck would really tempt me. :)

Jewel-ry

lark said:
You can look...and you can sniff...as long as you don't read with it or keep it out too long.
Look through it, and satisfy your curiosity and then put it away as a treat for later when your experiment is complete.

Thanks lark!

I guess I really needed to hear that.

I opened the II about 10minutes ago and the first thing that strikes me are the colours! They are vibrant and so meaningful. I suppose they are not a lot different from the traditional RWS but I think its the lack of detail which puts much more emphasis on the colours.

More later...