Change of Season Decks

greatdane

Interesting how changes affect us all

and then what decks speak to us.
While I LOVE my Anna. K, choice is so subjective, Delizt, so I hear what you're saying.
You would like one that has that kind of Autumn feeling, just a different deck. I was trying to think of other decks that have a perhaps more Fall than Winter feeling (once that coldness is in the air, even before Halloween, I can definitely feel a more gothic vibe coming on :).
The colors and style of the Anna. K just feel that way for me and on into Winter as well, but it feels most like Fall and perhaps later Summer to me.
Now you have me thinking about other decks with that feeling and I'm kind of stumped, Delizt! I'm sure others will be putting some up and I'll be watching...I would love to see more Fall decks.

delizt

The Wildwood just mentioned certainly seems to fit with the change of seasons...

and the Tyldwick that just arrived this morning is drawing me in with a certain "end of summer, fall, indoorsy feel"...not cozy autumny leaves and cocoa...but the hush stillness of a empty mansion with gardens left at the end of summer to overgrow and turn over into fall.

THe Hudes comes to mind but that's not "cozy" by any means!

greatdane

You're right, Delizt

I don't see the Hudes as cozy! Not saying not a great deck, but seems more winter to me. There are decks that seem to go more into winter and would work for fall when there is a chill in the air, but for that time that is late summer going into fall....I think of kind of an orange glow...the colors of leaves changing....trying to think of other decks like that.

Freddie

Golden Tarot (Kat Black)

Freddie

Attachments

• Coins14.jpg
    Coins14.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Major06.jpg
    Major06.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 75

greatdane

definitely seems to have a Fall feel, Freddie! Although I think this is great looking deck anytime :).

Freddie

I agree Greatdane. I really love autumn and I like to use decks that remind me of this magical season all year around. If it was up to me there would be no spring or summer...just fall and winter. To hell with sunshine, tanning lotion and The Beach boys...give me The Doors, fleetwood Mac, lots of good books to read and my Martin guitar and I am good to go.

Freddie

greatdane

Fall is my fav Freddie!

It feels more "new" to me than Spring for some reason. All the seasons have their charms, but something about the crispness in the air, the leaves turning color....maybe part of it is after spending over forty years in Arizona and California, in areas where there were basically mostly palm trees and not really seasons where you can see a huge difference, now being in an area where there ARE four seasons is just lovely!

Penthasilia

I agree Greatdane. I really love autumn and I like to use decks that remind me of this magical season all year around. If it was up to me there would be no spring or summer...just fall and winter. To hell with sunshine, tanning lotion and The Beach boys...give me The Doors, fleetwood Mac, lots of good books to read and my Martin guitar and I am good to go.

Freddie

It feels more "new" to me than Spring for some reason. All the seasons have their charms, but something about the crispness in the air, the leaves turning color....maybe part of it is after spending over forty years in Arizona and California, in areas where there were basically mostly palm trees and not really seasons where you can see a huge difference, now being in an area where there ARE four seasons is just lovely!

I concur with both of you- fall is definitely my favorite season. Being a mountain girl (Appalachian mountains), fall is the most beautiful season with all the turning trees, cider, crisp air and magic.

Which is why I would love to hear more about what people feel are "fall" decks- as I haven't found one that I like that is completely fall yet, but if I do... ;)

greatdane

I wonder why that is Penthasilia?

Why there aren't more decks with the colors that are in, say, the Anna. K? More orange or browns or colors more associated with Fall? Not saying the Anna. K is totally just a Fall deck, but it has more Fall type colors than most. Interesting there are not more decks that "feel" more like Fall. You're so right, it's a great and magical time! And it needs more decks!

Freddie

Klimt - A beautiful deck that really captures the fall mood and colouring of this season. My wife loves this deck and asks me to use it when reading for her (and she has way better taste than me), so I trust it is 'the real deal'.

Klimt will really give your intution a great work out, but some may find it way too sexual in nature to use. Even my female relatives want this deck used when reading for them, so I guess it is in the eye of the beholder. Lovely autumn colouring.

Freddie

Attachments

• goldenklimttarot.jpg
    goldenklimttarot.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 90