Samhain/Halloween decks...new?

greatdane

Well even though the weather is still warm, in fact, we're getting a heat wave this coming week in the Midwest, I feel Fall coming. I am yearning for the cooler temps, the crisp snap to the air, leaves changing color....and Samhain/Halloween type decks!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and Fall my favorite season. Yet there seems to be a dearth of great Fall and Halloween decks. Don't get me wrong, yes there are some great ones out there. Chronata's, Halloween tarot, Tarotmama's, all great and there are others, I also love the Bohemian Gothic. It's just that as a reader, there is something so special about Fall to me, it's the most magical time and yet....I don't see as many of the old mystical magical type decks I would like. Ones that lend themselves to reading in attic lofts (raising hand here) by candlelight as the sun sets earlier and earlier.

seven stars

OMG - you just wait. I have something you are going to love. It's a surprise. 90% finished, give me a day. Got to finish details. OK I can't keep it a secret, let me just say, Special Limited Edition Samhain Deck of the Bastard, numbered. Ok gotta get back to work...more very soon.

MoonGypsy

OMG - you just wait. I have something you are going to love. It's a surprise. 90% finished, give me a day. Got to finish details. OK I can't keep it a secret, let me just say, Special Limited Edition Samhain Deck of the Bastard, numbered. Ok gotta get back to work...more very soon.

((((MoonGypsy Faints))))

Le Fanu

Oh gosh I think I might need this...

emmsma

Watching and awaiting further info.

Penthasilia

Sigh- you're killin me! Killin me I tell ya!

<~~~~~ waiting for further news

greatdane

OK wait a minute....

Special and Samhain I got....Limited? How..."LIMITED"? And where is it going up first? HERE? ETSY? Numbered...? How many numbers? WE NEED MORE INFORMATION! I got it's based on the Deck of the Bastard, but somehow it's different, special, as in... more Samhain/Halloween? Different and special how? Take pity on us and put up a couple pix as soon as poss to give us a clue! Can I buy a vowel? Is there a line forming?
I always dread the words limited....I have missed out on stuff that was limited....Will we get a heads up as to WHEN it will be available for pre order?

strings of life

Admitting I don't own any of your other decks yet, but I'll make this my first!

Fall is my favorite season as well, but Winter is almost a tie.

greatdane

High five aurarcana!

I LOVE FALL! Winter, Spring, Summer, yes, there are all things to love about them, but Fall to me is like the minute after midnight... it's cozy, with things starting to burrow, and everything starting to go into slumber mode, like the time between awake and dreams. And yet, there are not lots of decks that seem to honor that special time...that special feeling...of capturing it....the colors, the earth. There are some really great Halloween decks, but I want something that feels old...
Ok, now I want to see this deck! I am a Crone with the patience of a two year old on an espresso buzz. I get the vibe of the Bastard, but am trying to envision a Samhain/Fall kind of addition to the edition.

seven stars

It's almost done i don't want to waste time making graphics to post in here till I get all the ducks in order. I decided to do a limited edition of 100 decks, & each deck will be individually numbered, spider/snake back (which I haven't edited yet but I want to make it a little mo special). I am ALMOST DONE.

I really came on here just now because after doing all of them - the feel is really different, it's like the DOB at night on Samhain is what the deck is like, which has makes everything feel just a little different. The 6 of coins, well of course at night on Samhain that instantly looks like someone handing out candy to trick or treaters. The 3 of cups, well of course that morphs into three witches dancing....I didn't want it to be a campy cheezy halloween deck, lets just say it's kind of like "me". It's what I'd read with during Samhain. I haven't decided whether or not to use keywords. Probably not, it will just take longer. I'm going to make a certificate of authenticity but I think I'll just include it as one of the cards unless anyone especially wants a printed out signed version with an embossed seal...that's probably overkill. The artwork around the border is my original artwork.

Will post on here the minute it's done & give AT members first dibs at a discount sale price for the first 2 days, then I'll post it on Etsy & end the sale price. I really hope you guys like it, I really like it so far. Dark, old & creepy with a few ghosts.