Best Meditative Tarot Deck/s

Genna

The Gendron Tarot(Major Arcana).(Good for reading too).I only wish the cards were larger.
The Faeries´Oracle,and The Fairy Ring.

Gypsy Mama

I love my Sacred Circle for reading and meditating. There are a few things that I don't like but I can get over it. I find it very close to my heart and trust the part of me it speaks to. I don't think I could read with a deck that I found it hard to meditate with, as to me it is a similar process. What do people think about that?
I do like that Diamond Tarot.... I think that might have to go on my wish list. I've been looking for a RWS type that I would like!!

Peace.
Gypsy Mama

lelandra

I have had the good luck to see a copy of the new Lo Scarabeo Golden Tarot of Klimt before it's North American Release. I think it is another worthy possibility as a meditative deck. The gold in the deck is not flat sheets but much smaller details... many of them... it flickers with reflections. The faces are also very well realized and expressive, if you want to engage in the type of visualization where you meet the person in the card.

Lelandra (Joan Cole)

bladeraven

For me it would have to be Dreaming in Color...just the impact of the colors and the way it influence the unconsious has been a prime motivator that I like these for mediation....I'm a visual person though..lol

Cerulean

Today it was a tarot in another language...

Picture that drew me in....book whose writing was just beyond, on the edge of my knowledge of the language, yet the essential words were so attractive...so I sat down and 'had' to focus to grasp the essence of the words...and return to the images...

El Tarot del Arco Iris

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/rainbow-arco-iris/

I know I am 'interacting' and decorating or studying other decks in turn...even mulling through other wordy texts...but the best meditative tarots for me have these pictures that pull me into asking 'what did the author ask this artist to do'. And when the author says something that seems to seem so much in harmony with the picture, I feel harmonious interaction in me, a balance of seeing and realizing.

Rather just pictures that puzzle, then look up texts that cause me to sit back and admire the scholarship or encyclopedia of associations... that take me out of enjoying the first cause, the mystical and beautiful pictures...sigh...

What a wonder these things are :TAC

Webwitch

The three that I use for meditation/visualisation/journeying are:

The Creation Cards by Cilla Conway
The Celtic Shaman's Pack by Chesca Potter & John Matthews; and
The Greenwood Tarot by Chesca Potter & Mark Ryan

I use these specific decks because they relate to my spiritual traditions and are quite evocative and inspiring.

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

November's Dawn

What about Hermetic Tarot? I find those decks very appealing for meditation and personal growth. What do you think? Also as I newbie, I don't have knowledge about RWS and Thoth and I would love to learn it but not as buying many cards. I noticed that Hermetic Tarot have RWS and Thoth in one and also some other knowledge. So, what do you think is this deck good choice for a complete begginer? Also, I'm very interested in symbols and love astrology. Sorry if I went off topic but I didn't found anything about Hermetic tarot.

Freddie

Golden Tarot of the Tsar (Lo Scarabeo) - Very dramatic blood red borders with gold leaf images. I do a lot of candle burning and talisman rituals with this deck as I feel it is a powerhouse of Gnostic symbolism.

Golden Tarot (K Black) - I use this a lot for Goddess meditation and candle burning rituals as well. I love the ladies of this pack e.g. red hair...Mary Magdalene...= Goddess at least to me. This one has a gold thing going on too.

I also use frankincense ( sometimes with myrrh) incense when meditating with Tarot images. I would say both decks are an illuminated version of the Waite/Smith deck, so they work with any written Golden Dawn type of meditations as well.

Freddie