Best Bargains

tarot heart

I would NEVER .... NEVEEER .... buy an OOP deck selling above retailer price, no matter how much I like the deck.

If everyone followed this philosophy, there wouldn't be all these ridiculously overpriced decks!! Bravo Melia!!!!!

Bhavana

I have gotten a few nice deals -

1st edition Mythic: from a swap site in pristine condition, considering the books i had traded in that allowed me to earn credits to get it, it was practically free.

Tarot de la Pumariega: for $8.99 on Etsy (llloooovvveee it!!!)

James Bond Tarot of the Witches for under $20

just recently a Piatnik Wien, cards like new, for $20

1st edition self published Tarot of the Dead (signed by author) for I think $14.99

Oswald Wirth, 2nd ed. Xultan, Switzerland Sacred Rose - $20 for all three on Craigslist

Oh, and it would not be fair not to add all of the decks that I have gotten here on AT, either sold to me at very generous prices, even a few gifted - I will never forget how kind some of you are!!!

Also - would you all think $30 for a Hoi Polloi that looks to be in very good condition is a good buy?

Mi-Shell

On my trip to Barrie last week I got:
a Kazanlar tarot for $ 8.00
the Medieval Scapini with book for $ 12.00
and the Karma Cards with book for $ 8.00
Now come the question: Will I read with them?

Penthasilia

I was blown away last weekend when I went to a local new age store and found a Northern Shadows deck + book set, as well as the Gothic majors by Wendell on sale for base price!

:D

Snagged those bad boys up in a heartbeat!

Souledout11

Yesterday I got the vampire deck and booklet by Robert M Place for $5 brand new in wrapping, they have heaps left so if anyone is in Melbourne Australia (morn peninsula) message me and I'll tell you where to go! Xxx

Le Fanu

Wow, some great buys here. It's all a bit fallow here recently... Must get me to the flea market tomorrow.

*fingers crossed*

(last time I went I found that pristine 1960s Albano Waite for a song)

Teheuti

Speaking of Albano Waite. Years ago, I had been wanting one for some time, although it was long out of print. I was driving down the street in San Francisco and saw a garage sale. I immediately thought, "Oh, I have to stop and get my Albano Waite deck." Got out of the car, walked up to the table, picked up the deck, bought it and left. True story. I wasn't even freaked out - it seemed so logical at the moment.

Bhavana

Yesterday I got the vampire deck and booklet by Robert M Place for $5 brand new in wrapping, they have heaps left so if anyone is in Melbourne Australia (morn peninsula) message me and I'll tell you where to go! Xxx

Wow, I'd grab a few if I was anywhere near there (even tho I have 2 ) If they go up in value like some of his other decks, might be good to have!

Tehueti - yikes!!! That is so cool. I wish I could find some good old decks this weekend at some yard sales....weather going to be great tomorrow, think I am gonna see what is happening in my neck of the woods.....

Morwenna

It's too early for tag sales here. Give it another month.

Though since I joined AT, I haven't seen any decks for sale! Before that, I passed up a few decks because I already had them. Now, with the trade trains and Nonny and all, when I'd have an excuse for having extra copies, nada. :(