Best Bargains

rwcarter

Thanks all. It still hasn't really sunk in yet that I now have a Greenwood. I'm amazed that the auction was up for over an hour before I saw it.

When I got the box, I was so focused on going through the cards to make sure they were all there that I didn't pay any attention to the companion books. If they were ever read, they were very gently read. There's not a cracked spine or any indication that anyone did anything more than thumb through them.

Debra

Might as well say you paid $10.50 each, and two bucks for the Greenwood. :laugh:

missy

Congrats, Rodney! :party:

How marvelous! :thumbsup: A Greenwood at that price! What a great story that deck now has! :)

Richard

The Grail Tarot and book set by John Matthews, in like new condition, for $11.99 (including shipping). The box had been opened, but the book was pristine and the deck had not even been opened (the original wrapping was intact).

Aurora369

Congratulations. That is a terrific haul indeed, the Greenwood alone goes for triple that. Good for you!

La Force

Best bargain found Tarot of the Cat people 1.99

My best bargain 1.99

I was walking my dog (who has a spinal cord injury) she needs assistance. anyways while having our walk my intuition went off to go into this second hand store that we were passing. so girlie and I walked into the store, looked around a bit then head down into this section that has bags of assorted misc. used stuff in it. so i looked through a few bags that had some crafty things in it, like curve scissors you just stuff, then looked at a bag with reg playing cards, then next thing I knew my eyes were drawn up to this spot that was like empty nothing around in this area, then I see this little clear plastic bag with a deck in it all by it's self, so I picked it up an low and behold it was (Tarot of the cat people) nosey me had open the bag, gotta check this out, make sure all cards are there etc. I was indeed complete and I notice it is copyright 1985 U.S. games, inc printed in Belgium, and to top it off, the card have never been used, so I am gathering this came from a collection. the box (Tuck) has minor wear on corners, like from being stored. the box itself has no wear of being opened. maybe once to be looked at and that is it. even the LWB is in mint shape. total score, I am stoked.

I only paid 1.99 for this Gem. Would any one have Idea's of where I might find info on this older deck. So know I am wandering is this a deck that I could use or would it be best to keep as display only?

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 110

Cocobird55

Today I received my copy of the Ukiyoe from a seller on Alibris. It was listed at $4.95, and I had a $1 coupon. Total price was $8.06. The box is in bad shape, but the deck itself is in excellent condition. I have already ordered a Baba bag to keep it in.

This deck is lovely, and I've read that the LWB is also pretty good. I'm looking forward to learning more.

tarot heart

I just received a Mythic Tarot with artwork by Tricia Newell for 10 bucks including shipping. The deck is in perfect condition and so is the book and cloth that came with it. This is one of my favorite decks ever. I already have the one with the yellow box and now I have the dark blue box. I like them both and may trim one. I'm happy. :)

daphne

I just received a Mythic Tarot with artwork by Tricia Newell for 10 bucks including shipping. The deck is in perfect condition and so is the book and cloth that came with it. This is one of my favorite decks ever. I already have the one with the yellow box and now I have the dark blue box. I like them both and may trim one. I'm happy. :)

Is there a difference in those two editions, like cardstock, printing quality?

Bhavana

My best bargain 1.99

I was walking my dog (who has a spinal cord injury) she needs assistance. anyways while having our walk my intuition went off to go into this second hand store that we were passing. so girlie and I walked into the store, looked around a bit then head down into this section that has bags of assorted misc. used stuff in it. so i looked through a few bags that had some crafty things in it, like curve scissors you just stuff, then looked at a bag with reg playing cards, then next thing I knew my eyes were drawn up to this spot that was like empty nothing around in this area, then I see this little clear plastic bag with a deck in it all by it's self, so I picked it up an low and behold it was (Tarot of the cat people) nosey me had open the bag, gotta check this out, make sure all cards are there etc. I was indeed complete and I notice it is copyright 1985 U.S. games, inc printed in Belgium, and to top it off, the card have never been used, so I am gathering this came from a collection. the box (Tuck) has minor wear on corners, like from being stored. the box itself has no wear of being opened. maybe once to be looked at and that is it. even the LWB is in mint shape. total score, I am stoked.

I only paid 1.99 for this Gem. Would any one have Idea's of where I might find info on this older deck. So know I am wandering is this a deck that I could use or would it be best to keep as display only?

While you did get it for a wonderfully low price, at this time this deck is not rare or hard to find or valuable - even the older issues are pretty abundant. However, for $1.99, and in mint condition, and one of the early printings, it's a great deal....and a pretty cool deck. Use it, enjoy it - the card stock is great, very sturdy, so don't worry about it getting beat up. I have two of the older Belgium printings of this deck, one in mint condition that I paid regular price for (somewhere between $10 and $20) and the other I got on a swap site for mere pennies, not great shape but pretty decent. I have the book too - so if you have any questions about the cards that the LWB does not shed light on, I'd be happy to look them up for you.