Tarot Tzigane

stellar4

I found one of these in a charity shop today. Not sure if it should really be in this section because although labelled 'Tarot' it actually consists of only 38 cards. (Feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate, Mods!) It looks like it was made by Grimaud in 1984.
Its the first time I've come across this deck and I'm intrigued.
Anybody got this one? How do you find it reads?

rwcarter

Do the cards look like these? If so, you're missing 40 cards (possibly pips Ace - 10 of each suit). If not, you may well have an oracle.

strings of life

I found one of these in a charity shop today. Not sure if it should really be in this section because although labelled 'Tarot' it actually consists of only 38 cards. (Feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate, Mods!) It looks like it was made by Grimaud in 1984.
Its the first time I've come across this deck and I'm intrigued.
Anybody got this one? How do you find it reads?
Ah, you have the 2nd one on this page:

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/dbsearchengine.php?view_title=tarot+tzigane

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/t-decks/tziganecards.gif

Tarot Tzigane (by Tchalai)

Love deck, isn't it? I have it, have never read with it, but have admired the cards. The companion booklet is superb and explains a lot about gypsy culture.

Enjoy :).

stellar4

Yes! Thats the one Aurarcana! It is a lovely deck (very bold striking artwork and the cards handle nicely) and I had a look through the booklet last night which is indeed a good read. I think I'll have a go at reading with it over the weekend when I get a minute.

The one that RW Carter suggested also looks interesting so I'm going to look that up too.

This is what I love about this place; whatever deck oddity you drag up someone on here will know about it!

nisaba

Same artist, but that's the Tsigane per Tarot Garden.

<grin> I recognised the quirky art style but not the individual cards. I didn't put that down to the same artist making two decks - silly me, I put it down to my not having pulled out and played with the Neuzeit for too long.

So I can take that off my list of have-to-dos, then,