The WildWood Tarot - Stand Alone/Individual Deck/Positive Reviews

Glitterbird

I know I've said this before, but I've had this deck for months and still completely LOVE :heart: it!

HuskyChariot

Thanks for the link WolfSpirit :heart:

Love this explanation:

"Birds hold a special place in the Celtic imagination and in Celtic mythology the the tiny wren holds powerful sway. Some believe the word "dreoilín" (Gaelic for "wren") has its roots in the term "Druid's bird" and that it acted as as messenger between this world and the next."

Very relevant to the Hermit methinks

VanillaLatte

Received mine more than a month ago, and have just started using it for daily draws. I was so hesitant about using it until a couple of days back. I believe I delved into it the wrong way, tried studying each card with the book but it didn't work! No idea why but I got bored and then frustrated at some point. Decided to give it another shot and read it intuitively, it clicks! Now I only refer to the book when I feel like having more insight. And yes, I still adore the art :)

a_shikhs

I bought the Wildwood Tarot this weekend after attending a shamanic course with John Matthews and have to say that its such a gorgeous deck and I was somehow introduced to it at the right time in my life.

I've always been drawn to animals but had never really studied their spiritual side. During my shamanic journey I was introduced to my power animal guide and met a few animal totems and this beautiful experience changed my entire thinking towards animals and their magical powers. I started seeing them from a totally new perspective and developed more love and respect for them. And in the Wildwood Tarot, the animals somehow feel more alive as if they have a voice of their own.

I feel that this deck is a perfect companion in my shamanic journey as it connects us to the world of the woods and the beautiful beings residing there. I did a few readings last night and tried various spreads which were very accurate and spiritual. This deck is a perfect blend of our spiritual and earthly life, reminding us to re-connect with the magical folks around us. Simply gorgeous cards with such deep meanings. Now I need to read the companion book and explore the woods. :D

Serenia

I stumbled across the Wildwood as well and I'm fascinated by the intensity of the images. I'm a bit confused, though, which version I should buy. There seem to be a hardcover and a paperback version - is there any real difference apart from the price? Both contain the book and the cards, right? And does anyone know if there is a difference between the English and the German version? (Apart from the language, obviously! :D)

Thanks! :)

metatron3

Serenia : I don't know either so I took a guess and took the less expensive ( not because of the price : I just thought I didn't need a hardcover version ) and everything is fine but ... the cards are thin and not protected at all ( no glossy or thick cardboard )
I don't know if it's normal or not but at last, now you might compare :)

Serenia

Thank you very much! :)

I'll see which version is easier to get and take this one. I already decided against the German version, since it's way more expensive than the English version. The deck will most likely find its way to me some time in April or May.

Thin and unlaminated cards are not so practical, though. But I guess that the hardcover book version contains the same type of cards, so taking the other version won't help me.

ETA: I ended up getting the paperback version. Thanks everyone for your help! :)

metatron3

It seems like translations are 10€ more than english version.
I surprisingly stumble upon a french version in a big store one day but 25€ instead of 15€ is kind of put off.

I prefer to have the english version : that way I won't wonder what was the original meaning if I don't understand it in french ... sometimes translations aren't good.

And the community around Wildwood is mostly english speaking.

Padma

I just got mine 2 days ago and I am totally in love with it. The only thing I don't like are the plain backs on the cards ;p BUT! all the lovely animals! Yes! and the cards I find are very easy to read intuitively. It is as though they speak to your gut and not to your mind, really - they just tell your atavistic genetic memory what they mean, and some how, your ancestor mind knows. awesome deck! :)

I have tried other decks featuring the pagan and shamanistic styles and they didn't work - this one clicks beautifully :)

Wintergreen

Mine arrived yesterday, and so far I've done two 3-card readings for myself that were very enlightening. I've only been studying the tarot for a short time, but this is the first time I really understand the concept of connecting with a deck. I've been working with Shadowscapes, which I really like, and I got the Mary-El few days ago (scares the pants off me but find exciting). But the Wildwood felt like home even though I felt a resistance to it at first, because the art style isn't something I generally feel drawn to. I was intrigued by its use of the Wheel of the year, and its connection to nature and woods appeal to me, so I thought I'd give it a chance. When I opened it up and started to look thru the cards... WOW! I felt an instant connection. The hair on my arms stood on end and I had goosebumps. I had all these memories coming at me from different days and moments spent in various places outdoors. Smells, textures sounds... I was really transported elsewhere. I'm so looking forward to working with this deck, and now I'm off to read the LWB in the spring sunshine!