My Yes/No Cards

214red

great Fudugazi thanks!

Pao

hey i love this! i will use it myself. Funny because I asked a yes or no question today and here i find your list to clarify the answer more haha. but i would think 6 of Swords would mean yes with time and in the future...not sure about it yet...will test it out! :D gracias!!

Sophie

Pao said:
hey i love this! i will use it myself. Funny because I asked a yes or no question today and here i find your list to clarify the answer more haha. but i would think 6 of Swords would mean yes with time and in the future...not sure about it yet...will test it out! :D gracias!!
De nada, chica. You have to decide for yourself which are the cards that fit which answer best for you. The advantage of programming them is that you can get more certainty (though, apart from Death, not absolute certainty :D) - but of course, the programming must fit your own experience of the card. In my experience, the 6 of Swords is a moving away, and therefore I picked it for no. In readings, though, it has sometimes come to mean a moving towards after a separation. But that's another matter. For the sake of my yes/no exercise, I just opted for no.

Seafra - re: Death meaning Yes (for me) - well, if I ask the question "am I going to die?" it is the ONLY answer to which I can give a certain and uncontroversial YES. I also was thinking of the expression "dead certain". Maybe my skewered logic :D. But it's worked for me.

pangolin

This is brilliant. I'd ruled out doing yes/no questions, but now I see that it's possible. Thank you for sharing this!

Inana

Fudugazi said:
I always try and frame a yes/no question as clearly, and as positively, as I can.
I was thinking is very difficult to have fixed yes/no meanings for the cards... since I use to decide what they mean while doing the reading.

But I see the key to make this system work i the way you frame the question.

Thanks for the list!! There are some I would change, but is a good and useful list! :)

robynleigh

haha @ 9 of wands. I do get that one sometimes when the deck is (legitimately) annoyed with my question.

nisaba

I don't have any dilemmas with yes/no cards. I use my pendulum, a lump of rutilated quartz on the end of a bit of blue wool. It's an opinionated pendulum - it will have different swings for yes and no every time I use it, so before I ask any questions I always check first by asling me to show a yes-swing, tehn a no-swing.

Sometimes yes is a circle and no a line, sometime the opposite. Sometimes yes is a clockwise circle, and no an anticlockwise circle, or the other way around. Sometimes yes is a back'n'front line and no a sideways line, and sometimes the opposite. Once "no" was a wildly big swing in one direction and yes was a tiny, slow swing in the same direction. That's the problem with crystals that have sentient beings trapped inside themselves - they change their minds.

Tarot cards tend to answer yes-no questions with answers like "yes if blah blah blah," or "no if blah blah blah," where blah blah blah equals the issue or course of action usually indicated by that card.

Lilija

I love this. I get yes/no questions from people all the time, and I answer them with one card random draws, it seems to be the most telling, accurate, and efficient way to answer yes/no stuff.

I have a similar method, and reading over your list, we have a lot of the same answers, that's really interesting. I've never bothered to list mine all out, like that, it's very cool to see it all like that. The only difference between mine and yours, is that every single card has a "yes blah blah blah" or "no blah blah blah" like Nisaba said. My decks are never that consise, haha, they always have to explain.

If you don't mind, I'm going to save this, to my tarot file, it's a great fast visual reference. I've been trying to teach my son how to read cards.

BrightEye

Why is your King of Coins a yes? I'm asking because I also asked a yes/no question and drew this card.

VenusRising

i got a tarot reading once by an experienced tarot reading. i asked if would rekindle a freindship with someone by the end of this year and she got the emperor. she immediately said "no'!!! she also asked the possibility of friendship for 2011 and she got the 6 of swords and she said 'yes'
i guess everyone sees cards in a different way!