The Moon Rx as mental illness or lunacy ?

nisaba

Yes, it was surrounded by swords....you know, I also thought of a bipolar syndrome...

I'm quite okay with suggesting mental illness in general when a card or combination of cards comes up that might suggest it, but I'd steer WAY, WAY CLEAR of doing anything like diagnosis of specific complaints unless you are qualified to do so.

ana luisa

Just curious about why Bipolar Disorder instead of another mental illness ? Any double card to suggest this ? I agree with Nisaba: depending on the surrounding cards it could be something much more serious...

novenovembre

I can really see how The Moon can represent mental illness. As some people have suggested Bipolar Disorder could be an option. Although I am getting the feeling that it might be something darker. The Moon is mysterious, and I can see it also as hiding something. I think as you mentioned it being surrounded by swords that could indicate something more pathological. Maybe this person is good at hiding their dark side and has hidden intentions? My thought is that it could indicate a possible psychopath. Being upside down to me, emphasizes more of the hidden/darker side.

Bloody Hell !!!! Worse than bipolar disorder ??? A psycopath ? An even darker side ? This is scary...but with other cards to support that, I wouldn't rule it out....

novenovembre

I'm quite okay with suggesting mental illness in general when a card or combination of cards comes up that might suggest it, but I'd steer WAY, WAY CLEAR of doing anything like diagnosis of specific complaints unless you are qualified to do so.

I never dreamt of doing that. I am doing this here because it's a discussion amongst us....I only asked her if she had she impression that he was not feeling too well, and she kind of collapsed....

novenovembre

Just curious about why Bipolar Disorder instead of another mental illness ? Any double card to suggest this ? I agree with Nisaba: depending on the surrounding cards it could be something much more serious...

Like what ?...Much more serious ?....Bipolar disorder is pretty serious already...but I guess it could be a number of things...what's your idea ?...

laurence

I thought about It because of the analogy between the moon and bipolarity: cyclotimic, Moody, dark or light.

ana luisa

Bloody Hell !!!! Worse than bipolar disorder ??? A psycopath ? An even darker side ? This is scary...but with other cards to support that, I wouldn't rule it out....

BD is serious but you can live with it. It is by no means the worst mental illness one could have. Others could easily come first such as schizophrenia or advanced dementia. I never thought about dark in that sense (a potential serial killer) but darker inside the psyche...

novenovembre

BD is serious but you can live with it. It is by no means the worst mental illness one could have. Others could easily come first such as schizophrenia or advanced dementia. I never thought about dark in that sense (a potential serial killer) but darker inside the psyche...

From what she told me after I mentioned his health, he goes from extreme calm and sweetness to sudden outbursts of anger all of a sudden, incredibly quick moodshifts that are impossible to forsee or comprehend what triggered them....kind of Dr Jeckill and Mr Hyde....split personality...?

ana luisa

From what she told me after I mentioned his health, he goes from extreme calm and sweetness to sudden outbursts of anger all of a sudden, incredibly quick moodshifts that are impossible to forsee or comprehend what triggered them....kind of Dr Jeckill and Mr Hyde....split personality...?
Well, I guess it would be difficult to say if he has dissociative identity disorder. Besides, illnesses do come combined in some people so only a psychiatrist could come up with a good diagnosis. I do know though, because my dad was bipolar, that BD is treatable. The clear signs are excessive energy with bouts of depression, suicide thoughts and often sleep disturbance.

FlyingPenguin

Well we will never know what is true or not, that's just where my mind goes. Also somebody else mentioned possible schizophrenia & about The Moon not thinking clearly. That could indicate possible delusion/psychosis which is part of schizophrenia. Going along with what I said about the mysterious "hidden side" you don't really know what's going on in their mind.
I would lean more towards Bipolar if there were also more positive cards also to signify more of the depression/mania.