sharing your trade secrets with a local professional

Cathyg09139

Wow! This has evolved from 'someone wanting to ask a few questions' :) to suddenly 'someone with evil ulterior motives'! }) LOL!!!!

Chill out; step back 2 steps; do a reading about it and see what it says. :p

Lol, I'm just saying that not everyone is nice, and doing a reading will release doubt. I'm nice and chiiiilaxed :)

Cathyg09139

Cathy that is really good advice. Its strange because the person who told her and set her on this path is the woman massage therapist who owns the office we both rent out of. I have had this massage therapist email me 3 times asking me to contact the other woman to tell her what my promotion was.

I do not understand why she has involved herself... and that she keeps requesting tells me that the angel card reader is going back to her saying, "I have not heard from Jenna about this yet..." I think it is strange to push a go between and again heightens my feeling of manipulation or as you said...heart shrivel. It also makes me wonder about their relationship. You are right. i need to do the cards about this (but i really find reading for myself very, very difficult). I don't want to also rock the boat and have them ask me to leave this awesome office i am renting!

what to do... what to do...

Lol, in the most chilaaaaxed way, I want to apologize if I raised tensions for you or anyone else; my experiences with people have not been all nice, so I do not find this unreasonable to mention or consider. The cool thing is doing a reading will get you out of doubt and then you can let us know what happened (yippy yippy:)).
I know at times it is hard to be objective, I find that in the right state of mind one can grasp clear information by breathing deep and clearing our thoughts by totally being open to what comes out in the cards trusting in your guides, and not influencing them through nervous anticipation as we say oh no oooooh noooo :). I find that too much thinking leads to nerves and worry, that's when I whip out my stones or cards and concentrate as if it were for someone else if need be. There is a forum here where people give input to what comes out in your cards, that might be cool to get feedback from other people and see if this matches your own. I wish you luck and hope that you can enjoy a stress free work environment!

Grizabella

I'm still kind of puzzled as to how the promotion you did could be a secret. Isn't the nature of a promotion something that you do that's offered to the public? Why didn't they see the promotion along with everyone else who saw it? I have my dumb spots so maybe it's just me, but couldn't they have accessed the promotional material or whatever it was along with the rest of the public or couldn't they just ask someone who did see it and take advantage of it rather than asking you?

Zephyros

I agree. For me it would be easier to empathize if I actually knew what you were talking about. Or is a promotion that already occurred so secret you can't tell anyone about it? And if it is so secret, how exactly would it work as a promotion, much less a successful one?

Tarotiana

Hi,

I feel there are promotions that are obvious, that still carry a secret within. Like:

a) How do some tarot readers get on great tv shows, and why are they always treated friendly by the interviewer, while others are not?

b) How do some tarot readers get into national newspapers about 5o times a year?

I feel it is one thing to see a promotion happening, the other thing to know how it is happening :)

poppiesrossi

I think there is a difference between tarot reading and marketing. :)

She may be calling to see how you are successfully marketing yourself... which you don't really have to share if you don't want. But without giving away all your marketing practices.. I don't see why talking to her would hurt.. Yes.. she is the competition.. but you are both in the market that really isn't mainstream. It would be nice to have an ally.. or at least someone to talk about tarot with face to face.. her intentions might be pure and genuine.

But you wouldn't really know unless you picked up the phone and called her.

poppiesrossi

Cathy that is really good advice. Its strange because the person who told her and set her on this path is the woman massage therapist who owns the office we both rent out of. I have had this massage therapist email me 3 times asking me to contact the other woman to tell her what my promotion was.

I do not understand why she has involved herself... and that she keeps requesting tells me that the angel card reader is going back to her saying, "I have not heard from Jenna about this yet..." I think it is strange to push a go between and again heightens my feeling of manipulation or as you said...heart shrivel. It also makes me wonder about their relationship. You are right. i need to do the cards about this (but i really find reading for myself very, very difficult). I don't want to also rock the boat and have them ask me to leave this awesome office i am renting!

what to do... what to do...

That does seem a bit manipulative.. :/ I would meet with her anyways and sort of gauge her intentions from there.. It's hard going through a third party.. so at least you can say.. you met with her. I wouldn't give her any information.. just go in for a friendly chit chat. If she starts asking about your marketing method.. maybe give her a pointer or two but then change the subject.

But if you really rather not, you can talk to your mutual friend and be honest with her.. say you had some bad experiences working with other readers and would rather not meet her friend.. and leave it at that. You do not need to meet with this person. You owe her nothing. Especially since she is being so pushy.. just tell your friend that you rather not share your promotional tactics with someone who is in same line of business.

tarotbear

Good Lord! It has been EIGHT WEEKS since this question was first posed! :bugeyed: It either has happened, may happen, or never happened! Which is it?

poppiesrossi

Good Lord! It has been EIGHT WEEKS since this question was first posed! :bugeyed: It either has happened, may happen, or never happened! Which is it?

:D didn't look at the OP date.. oops

DownwardSpiral

Well I'm reading this for the first time and I find it very interesting....LOL and I want to know what happened : )