sharing your trade secrets with a local professional

tarotbear

I am going to send an IM to QofWands and ask what happened ....

ScorpioLA

Promotion

All new businesses need promotion and identifying and differentiating the services. You shouldn't be advising competition. All businesses need to promote and advertise services constantly to maintain and acquire new accounts
Over time you will know if your services are acceptable with the cliental. Competition sometimes brings out the good or bad don't fret your competition will adapt

QofWands

Oh Boy!

Hey Everyone!

So sorry I have not been back on to update everyone!!! I think the last few months have been neck grindingly steep in terms of my learning curve in terms of reading Tarot as a professional, learning to run a business, and become my own marketer. I have had many, many wonderful successes as well as some tough lessons learned!

So about the issue at hand. I just never felt quite *right* about it so I continued to ignore the requests which went away. Our shared office space was going to have a provider meeting that this practitioner was also supposed to attend and I had decided that once we had met face to face and had a chat I was going to let her know what she wanted to know. This practitioner never showed up for the meeting, never called to say that she was not coming so I was never able to meet with her. I believe that there was a message here for me about that and following my instinct is important.

THAT BEING SAID: the lesson I am learning especially recently is the importance of community and finding those of like mind. I have been so busy with all of this but also lonely. I do not know anyone IRL who does what I do on a friend level and my current friends and family are in a period of learning what I am doing and that I am not a hack job.

It's like you have your Tarot bidness... then you have the misinformation/information stuff to deal with among friends, family, and so on. Including the Mother in Law who keeps asking me if I am going to look for work.... despite repeated discussions about my business! :D And not even the Tarot, so few people "my age" are self employed and it was only this fall that I truly came to realize how vastly different my work is and how they do not get it unless they have done it themselves. They probably are jealous thinking how I am at home in flannels all day (sometimes lol) but how the work never, ever ends or the learning and if I am not working I am not getting paid. I dont get paid to chill out at the keurig and gossip or paid holidays or... just the trade off. x

So with that slightly more experienced view I think I would have met with her now... but not then. I was still feeling too vulnerable to be able to feel confident about standing on my own two feet and being ok with sharing information with a long time professional who just calls asking for info.

That also reminds me of the clients who just want one card, who ignore the buzzer, who just have one quick question. It is an issue of balance and in this reader I felt I was being asked of something without the offer of a return. I think that was what really got to me, too.

Phew! Sorry for the novel there.... but I wanted to explain the holistic kit n kaboodle!