Is there a list of companies that blacklist fortune tellers?

seven stars

I also saw "psychic services" mentioned on that page, as part of their "high risk businesses." It's under the "Products or services that are otherwise prohibited by our financial partners" heading.

OH you're right I didn't see that!

HudsonGray

EBay apparently allows spell making equipment, charms and talismans, though. So if they block spells (which are a non-physical item), maybe it's something that can still be worked around?

Sar

Esty seems to allow it, the caveat being that you have to offer a product or product supplies. so most are offering pdf emailed readings, or mp3 recording of the reading , along with the phone or skype readings. One thing I learned during my years of working professionally in healthfield. is to dress like the professionals to be seen and treated that way, Also word my "resume" using some of their language. This could help with Tarot readers too. Dress like the others are in the group you want to join, and use some of their words in describing what you have to offer. If you want to join another organization, you have to show them you are friend, not foe. A beautiful thing that attracts folks to tarot personally, is freedom to be yourself. but when we head out into the larger community, one has to take in to account the mores of the locality one lives in. and realize that our freedom to be ourselves shocks folks. So it might help to
"dress like one of them, talk like one of them, until defenses, ie fear lessen. a different sort of costume. If you dress to draw attention, make sure it is communicating what you want to communicate to the folks there. That they understand your language. There may be learning curve, but first they have to trust you, understand you enough to let their defenses down. think of the key players in the group as a tarot deck. major arcana players, how are they dressing acting and speaking? and then play along with them to gain admission to their inner group.

To try to change the system from within. Smart.

closerwalking

Well, I wasn't thinking it would be a good idea to make a list of places that I personally wanted to blacklist or that I thought others should avoid, I was more interested in a list of known places such as that newspaper where you might not realize ahead of time that there was intolerance behind the scenes, or that you'd get cancelled once you've already invested your time & energy with them, that sort of things - people who have blacklisted US.

As far as dressing the part I only change my attire for fun for Halloween. I think, with what I personally do, it's more important to dress like I'm "me" more than a character - I don't want there to be anything fake about it or misleading.

I've traveled a fair amount in foreign countries. and quite honestly I feel I am a stranger on this beautiful planet most places I have been in. I am quirky, have been my whole life. the weird one, as most folks drawn to tarot can relate to. But my travels outside the US have made me more sensitive to cultural mores. as a species we are very visually oriented. and so it is helpful when one is very different from the culture one is going into, to show them in some visual way, that one is friendly. We always dress in costume of some sort or another. so taking the time to be sensitive to the values of the group one is visiting, is friendly. shows respect. I use this wisely not to manipulate or trick folks, rather to build bridges, rapport. It causes walls to come down and gives folks to see you more realistic. rather than causing fear in them. We in the US take so much for granted. I have been humbled in my trips abroad.

seven stars

Etsy added to the list

Although my add hasn't personally been pulled yet, the word through the grapevine is that Etsy will no longer be allowing tarot readings or other "services" that aren't a physical product. One person I heard from said he logged on this morning to find 40 of his listings taken down, although I don't know what those listings were.

So, if you're doing readings on Etsy.....might want to find another market soon.

Laurelle

Most states in the US forbid fortune telling legally. In those that do, you have to clearly state that it's for entertainment purposes only.

I incorporated myself and I didn't even mention fortune telling or psychics. I just said I was a consultant for the computer related field, which I also am.

That way I can run credit cards, but I never mention psychic or fortune teller to any merchant account services or on any legal documents. Banks don't like it and consider you "high risk."

AJ

Seven Stars, these rulings might be more related to VAT charges to customers in European countries. (VAT value added tax)

Digital sellers are now required to collect VAT at the time of sale, and pay that on to the country where the buyer lives.

I know about it from my quilt side, quilters have been selling digital patterns for some years, as far as I know they have pulled down all those sales offers, and reverted to paper in the mail patterns.

I have no idea how digital magazines will be dealing with it.

Just do a search for VAT digital

seven stars

No, I know what you're talking about with the VAT thing but it had to do with eliminating "services" that had nothing physical for sale.

Ace

Most states in the US forbid fortune telling legally. In those that do, you have to clearly state that it's for entertainment purposes only.

That way I can run credit cards, but I never mention psychic or fortune teller to any merchant account services or on any legal documents. Banks don't like it and consider you "high risk."

When I was starting my business I decided to get business insurance. It was very frustrating for my insurance broker. Apparently, she would call a company and ask: "want to write a business policy?" answer: SURE Well it is for a psychic. Answer: oh. She took a while to find one that would do it. Not because we are evil or crazy, but because we work in bars and other iffy places.

Barb