78 Degrees of Wisdom or Tarot The Wisdom.

Randy1982

Which is better? I have Tarot The Wisdom and was wondering if that's better than 78 degrees.

teomat

Tarot Wisdom is definitely better. Much less waffly or dry than 78 degrees, and it doesn't restrict itself to just the Rider Waite - it compares the imagery and ideas in several decks and give a much more coherent analysis of each card.

Majecot

Are we talking Tarot Wisdom by Rachel Pollack? or is there another book called Tarot the Wisdom? Which I tried to Google and could not find.
I have to confess, I have 78 Degrees but I have never been able to get through it.

Bridget

Hi Randy - The same issue came up recently in this thread. As I said there, 78 Degrees is great, but Rider-Waite-Smith oriented. If you're starting with another deck, Tarot Wisdom is a better bet.

Onyx

78 Degrees of Wisdom, hands down. It took me a couple of times to get through it and I even gave it away once before I rebought it and was able to get my head around it.

What I like about 78 Degrees is that is focus and specific. It isn't for everyone but Tarot Wisdom left me underwhelmed by how broad it seemed and almost generic (though that isn't a great word for it either).

I think I may have been expecting too much from the book and it likely serves the purpose she intended.

Allan

Morgane_49

I vote Tarot Wisdom, as well, if you're referring to the book by Rachel Pollack.