Orphalese Tarot Software

vernissage

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
Vernissage,
Are you on dial up? It sounds like the zip file isn't being downloaded completly. If you are, delete the zip file that you already have, and retry downloading it.
If you are not on dial up, it might be your virus scanner stopping the zip to completly downloading to your pc.

As I keep saying, Purple Scorp, or one of our ppls will be here today to assist you!
Barbara
Edited...I know when this happens to me, I found a reboot may help view the zip as truely there, or is most definatly corrupted.

I knew it was obvious -- I guess I just had to reboot. Thanks. :)

Barbaras Ahajusts

Vernissage

You got it, then? Oh I do hope so!
Vonderful, Vonderful!
Enjoy Orphalese! I would just simple melt away without it! LOL

Barbara

purple_scorp

whipsilk said:
First, the Card Notes functionality is in the My Decks list. Click on My Decks when you right click and you'll see a list of your decks. Down at the bottom, in a separate section, you'll find Edit Pop-up Notes (make sure you have a deck selected and displayed first).

Okay, now you have that "grayed out" window with no card showing in it, and your deck on the screen. Select Free Selection (or press F4) and the cards will fan. Move your cursor to over one of the cards and move toward the top of the card. Once your cursor is near the top, it will turn into a funny-looking arrowhead with a circle. Left click and the card will "jump" out of the deck and display by itself. It should also now show up in your Pop-up Notes editing window. The secret is that you have to remove the card you want to edit from the deck, then you can edit it. I've now created Card Notes with several of my decks; by sorting in Ascending Order I can move through the deck, selecting one card at a time, and enter the notes in the same sequence they are in the LWB.
Just to add to your comments......each deck has two files that store the card notes. One for the LWB (carddata.xml) and one for the personal notes (personalcarddata.xml). Both of these files can be edited by right-clicking on them in Windows Explorer and clicking Edit (or Open with Notepad etc). Now, the file is written in xml code, but with a little care, you can add your notes here. A good way to learn is to open an xml that already has notes, so you can see how they are formatted. This is a good option if you need to cut and paste notes from a different format.

A better way is to use one of the utility spreads in the Spread Exchange section. Basically, you sort the deck into Ascending order, then select the utility spread and it lays the entire deck out in suit order. It's a really easy way of seeing all of the cards in sequential order, and you simply click on one of them to edit the notes for that card. I think there is also a way to move through the cards, in the notes window, so that you don't have to keep returning to the spread to click the next card. Hmm, can't remember how now, off top of my head. Know that it's written in a thread on Tarot Zone.

I wrote this quickly, if it's confusing let me know and I'll spell it out in step-by-steps.....

with love
purple_scorp

Scion

Hey gang,

Just downloaded and installed 7.1 and it won't allow me to register or access the Zone... I tried to email Richard but the old admin address is now bouncing mail... and I tried to use the contact page but it keeps giving me an error... can someone please post a note on the Forum there asking how I can contact him? Because of the software glitch preventng registration I can't sign on, and if he has no accessible email adddress and the website is having errors, I have no way to contact him to ask for a solution. It's the Worm Ourobouros and I'm completely stymied and irritated.

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me untangle this,

Scion

gregory

Scion said:
Hey gang,

Scion
purple_scorp will be able to sort this ! I have e-mailed Richard, anyway. (and it said it went; I gave this thread ID; let's hope !)

purple_scorp

Scion said:
Hey gang,

Just downloaded and installed 7.1 and it won't allow me to register or access the Zone... I tried to email Richard but the old admin address is now bouncing mail... and I tried to use the contact page but it keeps giving me an error... can someone please post a note on the Forum there asking how I can contact him? Because of the software glitch preventng registration I can't sign on, and if he has no accessible email adddress and the website is having errors, I have no way to contact him to ask for a solution. It's the Worm Ourobouros and I'm completely stymied and irritated.

Scion

Hi Scion,

from what type of connection are you trying to register? Is it a dial-up, LAN etc? I am having troubles trying to register from behind a firewall at work on a LAN. And, at home, on my work laptop (I had to remove the proxy from the LAN settings - even though it wasn't using LAN from home....and I also had to remove the tick from Automatically detect settings). But I was eventually able to register.

What is the error that you're getting? Is it cannot connect to remote server? Or is it th error about having too many machines registered?

I know Richard was going away for Easter and may not reply to gregory's mail until later.

with love
purple_scorp

Scion

Gregory and Purple always come through!!

As PS thought it was a firewall problem... Didn't even occur to me, because my firewall is setup to ignore Orphalese traffic but the new installation has a different footprint. As soon as you said it, I realized... Duh.

Thanks you two. I'm very much obliged.

:)

Scion

purple_scorp

Cool, so you're registered now, I take it??? If so, see you on the Tarot Zone boards.

with love
purple_scorp

Scion

Actually I've been registered ond in the "Zone" for about 6 months... It was just the re-register for the upgrade to 7.1 :)

Thanks again

Scion

Moonbow

Can anyone help.

I've downloaded the trial version to see if I like the software but I can't connect to the Tarot Zone, which I take it I should be able to do as a guest. This is the message I get:

"Sorry - unable to connect to the Orphalese Tarot Zone website at the present time - please check your internet connection."

The internet connection is fine but I'm using a wireless network connection and I've noticed that some other programs (like Skype) don't like this. Any ideas?