Valet de Deniers - how may it be read?

jmd

When we first began a study on the Courts, I started a thread with this Valet... and leave my comments there for what they are.

In the Payen version attached, one sees that, as with the Fou, his 'pants' are really as was common at those times: stockings rolled up or held by suspenders. In his case, of course, they are firmly and meticulously in place.

The Coin he holds aloft appears smaller than the other on the ground, and in the Payen the larger Coin on the ground is behind him - as shown by the visual depth of his leg occulting part of the coin.

In a reading, what is the person holding on to, and perhaps neglecting?

Is he allowing for the other coin to be as seed planted, or is he unaware as to its very existence?

Attachments

• V D Payen.jpg
    V D Payen.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,784

Paul

He's working-out, fitness. That coin's heavy.

I'm not kidding. I actually see this as one of the meanings of this card. To me, Valets represent the small, routine, daily matters, errands, repetitive actions to achieve the goal of their masters, the Chevalier.

Deniers govern the realm of the body, amongst others.

Moonbow

I think this Valet is unaware of the coin at his feet or he wouldn't be paying the one he is holding so much close attention. If he had dropped it he would be looking at it or for it. So why is it there?

Maybe the lesson is to look after your property carefully or it will dwindle away, unnoticed. I think there is some reason why one coin is grounded and the other elevated and it reminds me of the saying "look after your pennies and the pounds take care of themselves".

As the Valet is a young person, the card could also be read as 'new money' and therefore a windfall? Did Valet's have money, or were they servants?....... this could perhaps explain why he is so intrigued by the coin!

tmgrl2

Paul said:
He's working-out, fitness. That coin's heavy.

I'm not kidding. I actually see this as one of the meanings of this card. To me, Valets represent the small, routine, daily matters, errands, repetitive actions to achieve the goal of their masters, the Chevalier.

Deniers govern the realm of the body, amongst others.

Oh, Paul, I absolutely love this!!

Working out? Of course...why not?

Also, no name...the beginnings again of the Ace...as it is above, so it is below. Offering the potential of both tremendous material as well as spiritual gain.

The denier (Paul's weight) in the right active hand, suggests action, yet the figure faces left, passive, uncertain. He is a valet...so he is young, then, in his knowledge if not also in age.

This valet looks somehow isolated from his environment. I think s(he) needs to be a bit less serious about this endeavor and see that life can be filled ( as we travel along the path of learning) with fun, adventure and fantasy.

I feel that this figure respects authority, is constant, faithful, desirous of learning, is a realist, but needs to
"lighten up" a bit.

terri

kwaw

Paranın Kulu

A little bit of Turkish: Para (Money) Kul (Servant, Slave, Man (as creature in relation to God), Devotee)

Paranın Kulu - Servant/Slave of Money (Page of Coins)*

Varsa pulun olurum kulun; yoksa pulun kapidir yolun.

If you have money*, I am your devoted servant; if not, there's the gate to the road.
Turkish Proverb

*pul : lit. stamp, small round disc.

Other names for Page of Coins in Turkish:

Para Prensi - Prince of Money
Tılsımlar Uşağı - The Servant of Talismans