Ace de Batons - how may it be read?

Moonbow

It's a living branch, freshly cut from the tree, showing its open wounds and surrounded by a shower of.. leaves? It's alive and a vibrant fleshy red inside and looks as though it could almost move. Wood is also a fuel and so produces energy in that way too.

Alone, this card could be read as excitement and zest for life. The start of a creative project reflecting that point where the artist is so full of enthusiasm and haste that they cannot wait to get started. This enthusiasm is also being 'presented' and not necessarily from within, so could be read as an exciting opportunity about to be undertaken.

It could also be read as advising us to use positive energy and not dwell in the down side of a situation, and so teaching us to ignite that spark of life that we come sometimes lose if our personal energy is at a low point.

prudence

Moonbow* said:
It's a living branch, freshly cut from the tree, showing its open wounds and surrounded by a shower of.. leaves? It's alive and a vibrant fleshy red inside and looks as though it could almost move. Wood is also a fuel and so produces energy in that way too.

Alone, this card could be read as excitement and zest for life. The start of a creative project reflecting that point where the artist is so full of enthusiasm and haste that they cannot wait to get started. This enthusiasm is also being 'presented' and not necessarily from within, so could be read as an exciting opportunity about to be undertaken.

It could also be read as advising us to use positive energy and not dwell in the down side of a situation, and so teaching us to ignite that spark of life that we come sometimes lose if our personal energy is at a low point.

ahh, I have always been thrown by the "bloody" looking wounds of the branch. I find myself usually trying to ignore the woundedness of the image, or turning away from it. Perhaps I should try to see it differently, rather than avoiding. :confused:

Sophie

It can also be read as - beware the one who would use force over thought. It can show a bully. Or as advice, it illustrates Theodore Rooseveldt's famous: "walk softly & carry a big stick"!

And then of course - it is the libido rising...and a very graphic representation of male desire! I would say in a love question this card would be saying - Wow, you really fancy that girl! (or - that man really fancies you!) Because a hand is presenting it - I'd read such desire as a gift. Lust for someone - or lust for life. - Astrid O - the blood image, the branch filled with blood - fits here too.

It creates the link sap-blood-fire.

:D

prudence

Helvetica said:
And then of course - it is the libido rising...and a very graphic representation of male desire! I would say in a love question this card would be saying - Wow, you really fancy that girl! (or - that man really fancies you!) Because a hand is presenting it - I'd read such desire as a gift. Lust for someone - or lust for life.
:D
Helvetica, I have many times had this card turn up in a reading, in a spot that made me see it just this way! i.e.This particular man feels this particular...way...for a person ;) ....though I have had it turn up for a woman who felt that same way for some one, so it isn't always gender based for me, this interp.

~ummm, actually, this is partially why the bloody red wounds are so hard for me to see in a "good" way.

Sophie

Astrid O said:
Helvetica, I have many times had this card turn up in a reading, in a spot that made me see it just this way! i.e.This particular man feels this particular...way...for a person ;) ....though I have had it turn up for a woman who felt that same way for some one, so it isn't always gender based for me, this interp.

~ummm, actually, this is partially why the bloody red wounds are so hard for me to see in a "good" way.
you mean good as in good? because I mean bad as in good :D

No, it's not linked to the sex of the querent - but it is linked to the type of desire: if it describes a woman, it would be a more outgoing, "pursuing" kind of desire: that is, what is traditionally linked to male desire (but which psychology & experience have taught us co-exist in all humans). Of course, in men it is more visibly linked to this card!

Penelope

Eight Sided Circuits

A while ago I made a tracing and completed the ruff
on the sleeve to create the full circle of the design.
It was interesting to then research similar 8 symbols.

prudence

Helvetica said:
you mean good as in good? because I mean bad as in good :D

No, it's not linked to the sex of the querent - but it is linked to the type of desire: if it describes a woman, it would be a more outgoing, "pursuing" kind of desire: that is, what is traditionally linked to male desire (but which psychology & experience have taught us co-exist in all humans). Of course, in men it is more visibly linked to this card!

wish there was a more "adult" area(i.e. R Rated) to talk about this, because the colloquialism that I want to share, isn't terribly appropriate....but suffice it to say, I believe we are on the same page w/ this card, Helvetica! :shhh:

Knight of Wands

I think the fact it is freshly cut, not carved like the rest, suggests the unused potential within this card.

It is just passion, maybe not for anything in paticular, just pure passion - but this passion needs to be put to something useful and creative...

It needs to be channelled.

EDIT: Perhaps the Leaves(?) radiating from it suggest an enthusiastic, happy go luck person? One who lights up the room they are in. The life of a party.

Sophie

Knight of Wands said:
It is just passion, maybe not for anything in paticular, just pure passion.
Nowadays I can't see this card without hearing Iggy Pop's Lust for life and seeing Ewan McGregor's thin frame running through the streets of Edinburgh in the opening scene of Trainspotting...unchannelled passion - or simply passion, which can be channelled usefully - or not! (as in the case of McGregor's heroin passion in that Trainspotting opening scene...)

Knight of Wands

Helvetica said:
Nowadays I can't see this card without hearing Iggy Pop's Lust for life and seeing Ewan McGregor's thin running in the streets of Edinburgh inthe opening scene of Trainspotting...unchannelled passion - or simply passion, which can be channelled usefully - or not! (as in the case of McGregor's heroin passion in that Trainspotting opening scene...)

Interesting Helevtica :) I don't really have any images like that when I see a card...I'm missing out LOL!