thoth-book?

rostie

can you give me some good advice for a book about the meanings for a thothrelated deck? i've got recently bought the rohrig and wanted to buy a good book about thoth...

and: is it worth to buy the book by the rohrigdeck or is a good book about thoth enough...gives it much information about the cards?

thank you very much for your help in advance!

with love,

sara.

Sullanciri2002

I'm a 100 % sure that I'm well placed to advise you, but I read with the Thoth itself often ... and the book by ANgeles Arrien has been a great help to bridge the gap between other tarots and the real depth of Crowley's own books (like "The Book of Thoth")

Sullanciri2002

me again

forgot this - saw you're Flemish
A friend in Belgium got this book, in Dutch (I think), from the Club-chain of bookstores in Roeslare or something ?

kayne

I have a Thoth book ("Tarot - Mirror to the soul" by Gerd Ziegler) and just aquired the Rohrig. I am currently ordering the Rohrig book, mainly becuse I want details about what all the images Carl Rohrig has chosen to portray in the cards, means... I don't think anything more general would give me that... I will tell you if I recomend the book when it arrives! :D

truthsayer

i really like the book that goes w/ the rohrig. the cards are reproduced exactly by each cards meaning. it's a unique book and good "light" reading on tarot. for me the combination of exact card image and meaning has helped me bond more deeply w/ this deck. i can just turn pages and see all the cards which is easier than flipping cards.

i like hajo banzhof's books on the thoth-"the crowley tarot" is the one i have. there's at least one more. angeles arrien's book is "the tarot handbook". i really like it, too. i've never gotten that much out of the book of thoth. i want to eventually try ziegler's book. i've heard so many good things about it.

Dragonfly

I have two books by Hajo Banzhaf on the Thoth deck both are very good but my favorite so far is Mirror of the Soul by Gerd Ziegler. Hope that helps :)

kayne

My Rohrig book just arrived and on first impressions... get it! It doesn't seem to have much on the minors unfortunately but goes into great detail with the majors... It is quite a small but strangely heavy book and is full of colour, full size images of the cards...
I can't wait to get stuck into it!!!

divinerguy

I concur with Kayne on the Rohrig book. There's very little on the minors, which is a shame. Carl Rohrig's artwork is some of the best out there. I just wish he'd tell us what the heck he was thinking.

Here's a prime example - the Nine of Disks (gain) shows people standing on a sea shell or a giant snail or something like that. I have no clue why.

Divinerguy

Laurel

I just learned about a new book yesterday called "Keywords for the Crowley Tarot" by Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler. There's an exerpt and other good stuff on Amazon. It looks interesting.

Laurel

Sorceress_Jade

I've been told to 'get the purple one' On my way to figure out which one is 'the purple one'