Sacred Circle Study Group

mj07

Triquetra said:
Maybe we could start with an overview of each group, see if there are any overwhelming differences (or similarities) between the cards in that group (for instance in the Wands, the sky changes from clear, to cloudy, to stormy, back to clear within the Wands suit...that might be an insight as to the card),

~T~
there are changes in the sky? jeez, I hadn't even noticed that!

well, I'm not NEARLY as creative as you, I'd thought maybe we could just go card by card, but grouping them is a better idea. I think I'll leave the deciding up to those who have more experience.

and MUST go back and study my card more, I'm missing some details, apparently! :)

Phoenyx*

MJ, you'll notice that there is actually one of the Wands where you don't even see the sky in it. :D I think it's the 5, but off the top of my head, I'm not absolutely certain. You'll also notice that the Ace and King have almost the same type sky, really clear, a few scattered clouds, and as you get into the more difficult cards (the more "pessimistic" cards), the sky gets cloudy, then stormy. Hmmmm... :) Just some observations.

mj07

WOW! I'm going to check out my deck when I get home, I hadn't noticed all of that! I'm still trying to make my way through the deck, learn about the background to all the "characters" on the cards, as well as the places and their significance. I find that reading the descriptions of everything in the picture goes a long way towards helping me understand the meaning.

I need to look more deeply now, thanks for the observation!

Triquetra said:
MJ, you'll notice that there is actually one of the Wands where you don't even see the sky in it. :D I think it's the 5, but off the top of my head, I'm not absolutely certain. You'll also notice that the Ace and King have almost the same type sky, really clear, a few scattered clouds, and as you get into the more difficult cards (the more "pessimistic" cards), the sky gets cloudy, then stormy. Hmmmm... :) Just some observations.

13thFaeChylde

I like the idea of grouping "like cards" together to see what the underlying theme might be.

This reminds me of an exercise in the Faeries Oracle where you essentially make piles of cards that have something in common.

starsongs

I'd love to join in on this study group. Don't have the deck yet, but should within a week...I could follow along until receiving..would this be OK?..

It all sounds great!..:)

starsongs

contrascarpe

Well, thanks to this thread I broke down and bought this deck - I hold each and every one of you personally responsible!

Actually, I won a bid on eBay so hope to have the deck within a week. Would love to join in once I get comfortable with the deck.

Dan

Kazz

Not a problem Starsongs, jump on in whenever you are ready, and if you need help or more time just let us know:D

Well done Contrascarpe96:D, you were meant to have that deck...I can fell it;)...lol

Cheers
Kazz

:TQC

starsongs

thanx, Kazz..I appreciate that..:)

starsongs

Phoenyx*

contrascarpe96 said:
Well, thanks to this thread I broke down and bought this deck - I hold each and every one of you personally responsible!

Actually, I won a bid on eBay so hope to have the deck within a week. Would love to join in once I get comfortable with the deck.

Dan

YAY! Welcome Dan! Hope you love it!

Nitegoddess

contrascarpe96 said:

Dan

LOL :) That is GREAT!! I hope you like the cards as much as I did when I first put my hands on it.
Look forward in hearing from you!!
:D